Ch4 and 4+1 confusion

Old July 5th 17, 05:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Default Ch4 and 4+1 confusion

Anyone else experience the Ch4 and 4+1 confusion on Freeview SD this
afternoon from Rowridge?

I turned on the TV to watch the last 20 minutes of Countdown on Channel
4, only to find "Posh Pawnbrokers" showing on Channel 4+1. On channel
13, Countdown was showing. On 104 HD, Countdown was showing normally.
Just in case some channel updates had taken place I retuned the TV, but
Ch4 and 4+1 were still on the wrong channels.

I checked on my Freeview PVR in case the TV was playing up, but it
confirmed the wrong channels were showing on 4 and 13.

All ok this evening. Very strange.

--

Jeff
Old July 6th 17, 06:28 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 05/07/2017 18:44, Jeff Layman wrote:
Anyone else experience the Ch4 and 4+1 confusion on Freeview SD this
afternoon from Rowridge?

I turned on the TV to watch the last 20 minutes of Countdown on Channel
4, only to find "Posh Pawnbrokers" showing on Channel 4+1. On channel
13, Countdown was showing. On 104 HD, Countdown was showing normally.
Just in case some channel updates had taken place I retuned the TV, but
Ch4 and 4+1 were still on the wrong channels.

I checked on my Freeview PVR in case the TV was playing up, but it
confirmed the wrong channels were showing on 4 and 13.

All ok this evening. Very strange.

It might have had something to do with a DOG being introduced on C4-SD
from yesterday afternoon ? Someone may well have got all the Tx chains
muddled up 'wiring'[1] it in !

[1] Metaphorically speaking

--
Mark
Old July 6th 17, 08:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 06/07/2017 07:28, Mark Carver wrote:
On 05/07/2017 18:44, Jeff Layman wrote:
Anyone else experience the Ch4 and 4+1 confusion on Freeview SD this
afternoon from Rowridge?

I turned on the TV to watch the last 20 minutes of Countdown on Channel
4, only to find "Posh Pawnbrokers" showing on Channel 4+1. On channel
13, Countdown was showing. On 104 HD, Countdown was showing normally.
Just in case some channel updates had taken place I retuned the TV, but
Ch4 and 4+1 were still on the wrong channels.

I checked on my Freeview PVR in case the TV was playing up, but it
confirmed the wrong channels were showing on 4 and 13.

All ok this evening. Very strange.

It might have had something to do with a DOG being introduced on C4-SD
from yesterday afternoon ? Someone may well have got all the Tx chains
muddled up 'wiring'[1] it in !

[1] Metaphorically speaking

BTW Jeff, what did the EPG data say, was that swapped too ?

--
Mark
Old July 6th 17, 08:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Yes, what actually is the point of digital on screen graphics being used as
permanent identifiers? In any modern tv you can find out what channel you
are on very easily using facilities in the tv. Worries me not, but many do
get annoyed with them.

Old July 6th 17, 08:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Don't think so.
Which reminds me. Right up until five mins before Dr Who on bbc one the AD
flag was not set on the program guide.

I have also noticed many channels broadcasting AD with no flag set, only
subtitles. This makes the whole thing of listing programs with a marker for
AD a complete waste of time. Quest, 4 movies etc, take note.

Old July 6th 17, 09:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article , Brian Gaff
wrote:
Yes, what actually is the point of digital on screen graphics being used
as permanent identifiers? In any modern tv you can find out what channel
you are on very easily using facilities in the tv. Worries me not, but
many do get annoyed with them. Brian

Advertising

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old July 6th 17, 04:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

On 06/07/17 09:35, Mark Carver wrote:
[...]

I can't remember - and I'm not even sure that I checked it. I'm pretty
sure though that the programme info described what was on-screen at the
time when I pressed the "i" button on the remote, and when I changed
channels between 4 and 13 (I assume that's taken from the EPG info). I'm
pretty sure that the DOGs were correct for the programmes - it was just
that they were on the wrong channels! So on 4 you had Posh Pawnbrokers
and the 4+1 DOG, and on 13 you had Countdown with the 4 DOG.

How is that possible?

--

Jeff
Old July 6th 17, 04:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 06/07/2017 17:04, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 06/07/17 09:35, Mark Carver wrote:

BTW Jeff, what did the EPG data say, was that swapped too ?

I can't remember - and I'm not even sure that I checked it. I'm pretty
sure though that the programme info described what was on-screen at the
time when I pressed the "i" button on the remote, and when I changed
channels between 4 and 13 (I assume that's taken from the EPG info). I'm
pretty sure that the DOGs were correct for the programmes - it was just
that they were on the wrong channels! So on 4 you had Posh Pawnbrokers
and the 4+1 DOG, and on 13 you had Countdown with the 4 DOG.

How is that possible?

In an infinite universe, anything is possible !

--
Mark
Old July 6th 17, 04:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 06/07/2017 17:22, Mark Carver wrote:
On 06/07/2017 17:04, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 06/07/17 09:35, Mark Carver wrote:

BTW Jeff, what did the EPG data say, was that swapped too ?

I can't remember - and I'm not even sure that I checked it. I'm pretty
sure though that the programme info described what was on-screen at the
time when I pressed the "i" button on the remote, and when I changed
channels between 4 and 13 (I assume that's taken from the EPG info). I'm
pretty sure that the DOGs were correct for the programmes - it was just
that they were on the wrong channels! So on 4 you had Posh Pawnbrokers
and the 4+1 DOG, and on 13 you had Countdown with the 4 DOG.

How is that possible?

In an infinite universe, anything is possible !

Don't tell me the universe is infinite. I prefer to think it ends at Bawtry.