tv aerial masts

Old June 22nd 17, 09:31 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Terry Casey[_2_]

Default tv aerial masts

In article , briang1
@blueyonder.co.uk says...

no mater what you you use as a post try to not point it
through water tanks.
:-)

I use an old broom handle for mine.

How much water does it hold?

--

Terry
Old June 30th 17, 07:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Doctor D

Sometimes the height is necessary because of an obstruction that can't be
seen from the street.

Bill

And a low chimney mounting can be far more subtle than a dish on the front
elevation of the property.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old June 30th 17, 09:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Woody[_5_]

"Doctor D" wrote in message
o.uk...

Sometimes the height is necessary because of an obstruction that
can't be seen from the street.

Bill

And a low chimney mounting can be far more subtle than a dish on the
front elevation of the property.

That is something that often annoys me. Unless the house roof is
particularly tall in most cases a dish on a pole about 1m above the
gutter will see over the roof from the back. Saves all of those
monstrous carbuncles on the front! IMO they are fitted on the front
for the convenience of the installer and using less cable in most
cases.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old June 30th 17, 10:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Indy Jess John

On 30/06/2017 10:03, Woody wrote:

That is something that often annoys me. Unless the house roof is
particularly tall in most cases a dish on a pole about 1m above the
gutter will see over the roof from the back. Saves all of those
monstrous carbuncles on the front! IMO they are fitted on the front
for the convenience of the installer and using less cable in most
cases.

Mine is on the front of the house because it is the only place it could
go and "see" the satellite through the gap between the chimneys of a
house across the road and the tree in its neighbour's garden. If I
mounted it at the back of the house, I would have to screw the pole to
my neighbour's house in order to see through that same gap. That would
not have been neighbourly.

Sometimes, practicalities have to take priority over aesthetics.

Old June 30th 17, 08:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/referen...ed-by-roof.pdf

Old July 1st 17, 11:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Dave W

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 30/06/2017 10:03, Woody wrote:

That is something that often annoys me. Unless the house roof is
particularly tall in most cases a dish on a pole about 1m above the
gutter will see over the roof from the back. Saves all of those
monstrous carbuncles on the front! IMO they are fitted on the front
for the convenience of the installer and using less cable in most
cases.

Mine is on the front of the house because it is the only place it could go
and "see" the satellite through the gap between the chimneys of a house
across the road and the tree in its neighbour's garden. If I mounted it
at the back of the house, I would have to screw the pole to my neighbour's
house in order to see through that same gap. That would not have been
neighbourly.

Sometimes, practicalities have to take priority over aesthetics.

Jim

I mounted my dish at ground level, facing my terraced house, at the far end
of my back garden under a tree. Satellites are well above the roof level
from there. I painted the dish black for minimum visibility.
--
Dave W