The coming strife

Old June 21st 17, 04:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Richard[_6_]

Default The coming strife

"Mark" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:30:44 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

"newshound" wrote in message
news:[email protected] .co.uk...

On 6/19/2017 3:37 PM, Richard wrote:
"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...

On 6/19/2017 11:52 AM, Bill Wright wrote:
This morning we are given the news that someone has driven a van into
crowd of people outside a Mosque, killing one and injuring many.

For some time now I've feared that the UK is heading for a period of
sectarian warfare, similar in some ways to the situation that
prevailed
in Northern Ireland in the 60s and 70s.

The lesson of history is that when two identifiable communities share
the same land there's a good chance of strife. The reasons are a
mystery but it could be that the innate tribalism of the species is
at
least partly responsible. In the case of Northern Ireland the
cultural
differences between the communities were small; but in the case of
the
UK now the cultural differences are very large, with one community
happily accepting behaviours that the other one condemns.

The troubles of the 60s started when a few people on one side started
series of relatively small attacks on the other side. You might want
categorise those people as 'hotheads' or 'psychopaths' or
'terrorists'
or 'freedom fighters'. Take your pick; it doesn't matter.

What matters is that the other side retaliated. Then the whole thing
escalated until there were large scale indiscriminate attacks.

In the UK at present the Muslim community is about 3% of the total.
The
demographics show that the figure will rise to something between 20
and
40% during the next fifty years. If the (tiny) proportion of all UK
Muslims who are waging war on the rest of society remains the same
then
there will be more and more attacks. It seems certain that a (tiny)
proportion of the indigenous population will retaliate.

I fear that we might be approaching a very unhappy period of our
nation's history.

Bill

Don't believe your demographics figure. I bet it comes from a very
dubious source.

Well, I did a quick search for you and made sure that no "right wing"
source was being quoted. This paints a (depressing, from my point of
view) picture which may help you and it's quite old:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/sep/03/race.world

Quote from this article (2000)

In Britain, that is almost certain to happen in London, and in the
relatively near future. 'At the moment ethnic minorities are about 40 per
cent in London. The demographics show that white people in London will
become a minority by 2010,' said Jasper.

Here we are in 2017, I have heard a figure that claims the current London
figure is about one third, but I rather doubt that this applies all the
way
out to the M25.

OK
https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/2...on-projections

But the future is not white.

No, It's Orange.

I doubt that Trump will ever get elected here, BICBW.

Old June 21st 17, 04:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Mark[_6_]

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 12:54:28 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 21/06/2017 04:46, Rod Speed wrote:
Bill Wright wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Religion doesn’t matter much when so few are religious anymore.

Many more are spiritual than religious.

Sure, but those don’t matter so much because they mostly
just believe in some silly **** and hardly ever try to convince
anyone else about the silly **** they believe in and certainly
don’t usually kill others who believe in some other silly ****.

My spiritual beliefs aren't silly ****. They are a practical philosophy.
Maybe you need such a philosophy.

The point is that you don't kill people for not believing in your
"silly ****" or "philosophy".

Old June 21st 17, 04:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Mark[_6_]

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 07:06:29 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

"Steve Walker" wrote in message news

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...

On 6/19/2017 11:52 AM, Bill Wright wrote:
This morning we are given the news that someone has driven a van into
a crowd of people outside a Mosque, killing one and injuring many.

For some time now I've feared that the UK is heading for a period of
sectarian warfare, similar in some ways to the situation that
prevailed in Northern Ireland in the 60s and 70s.

The lesson of history is that when two identifiable communities share
the same land there's a good chance of strife. The reasons are a
mystery but it could be that the innate tribalism of the species is
at least partly responsible. In the case of Northern Ireland the
cultural differences between the communities were small; but in the
case of the UK now the cultural differences are very large, with one
community happily accepting behaviours that the other one condemns.

The troubles of the 60s started when a few people on one side started
a series of relatively small attacks on the other side. You might
want to categorise those people as 'hotheads' or 'psychopaths' or
[...]

Whether it is white or not matters much less than whether it is Christian
or Aethiest with a broadly Christian background or another religion. Colour
is of much less importance than culture.

It all matters, given circumstances.
If an extra-terrestrial threat actually did occur, all religious and ethnic
barriers would come down in an attempt to jointly overcome the threat. Of
course, every faction would attempt to ensure priority of self in the long
term.

Ain't gonna happen. The probability that an alien specious that
exists now, and lives close enough to travel to the Earth is
negligable.

Old June 21st 17, 04:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Mark[_6_]

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:04:02 +0100, JoeJoe wrote:

On 21/06/2017 12:52, Woody wrote:
"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 20/06/2017 22:00, newshound wrote:

Quote from this article (2000)

In Britain, that is almost certain to happen in London, and in the
relatively near future. 'At the moment ethnic minorities are about
40
per cent in London. The demographics show that white people in
London
will become a minority by 2010,' said Jasper.

Here we are in 2017, I have heard a figure that claims the current
London figure is about one third, but I rather doubt that this
applies
all the way out to the M25.

I know someone who works in an East London school.
There are 37 different mother tongues where English is a second
language; and just over 30% of the pupils are children of somebody
born in the UK.

That's nothing Jimmy boy. They were interviewing a head teacher from a
school in north London the other night - not far from Grenfell - and
in her school they speak 180(!!) different langauges. Now I would
guess that some will be different dialects of the same language as
there are only 196 countries in the world!

Friends insisted on sending their daughter to a local catholic primary
school - quite far from their house (yet the nearest such school) - in
the middle of a neighbourhood where many asylum seekers (economic
migrants to you and me) were housed. She was the only white face in the
class, and there were 9 different languages spoken amongst the 22
children in her class + they had 5 permanent teaching
assistants/translators in the first few years.

What a great educational experience to learn so many languages. This
should benefit her for life.

Needless to say that they moved her to a school far away for her
secondary education.

Why?

Old June 21st 17, 06:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Richard[_6_]

"newshound" wrote in message
[...]

So, having ruled out the common enemy of mankind we will continue as we have
done for millennia. Islam is the religion allegedly followed by the enemies
of my culture. It is that threat which I and others face. YMMV.

Old June 21st 17, 06:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Richard[_6_]

"Mark" wrote in message ...

[...]

How multicultural is your immediate environment and how integrated are you?
Old June 21st 17, 07:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed

Bill Wright wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Bill Wright wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Religion doesn’t matter much when so few are religious anymore.

Many more are spiritual than religious.

Sure, but those don’t matter so much because they mostly
just believe in some silly **** and hardly ever try to convince
anyone else about the silly **** they believe in and certainly
don’t usually kill others who believe in some other silly ****.

My spiritual beliefs aren't silly ****.

All spiritual beliefs are mindless silly ****. There are no gods.
We evolved from pond slime. It really is that simple.

They are a practical philosophy.

Nope, just crutches for pathetically inadequate 'minds'
that just can't accept that there is no purpose for life,
we are born, we do various things and we all die.

Maybe you need such a philosophy.

Nope, don’t need a mental crutch.

Old June 21st 17, 08:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 21/06/2017 20:57, Rod Speed wrote:

My spiritual beliefs aren't silly ****.

All spiritual beliefs are mindless silly ****. There are no gods.
We evolved from pond slime. It really is that simple.

They are a practical philosophy.

Nope, just crutches for pathetically inadequate 'minds'
that just can't accept that there is no purpose for life,
we are born, we do various things and we all die.

Maybe you need such a philosophy.

Nope, don’t need a mental crutch.

I think you're confusing 'spiritual' with 'supernatural'.

Old June 21st 17, 08:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 21/06/2017 04:46, Rod Speed wrote:
Bill Wright wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Religion doesn’t matter much when so few are religious anymore.

Many more are spiritual than religious.

Sure, but those don’t matter so much because they mostly
just believe in some silly **** and hardly ever try to convince
anyone else about the silly **** they believe in and certainly
don’t usually kill others who believe in some other silly ****.

My spiritual beliefs aren't silly ****. They are a practical philosophy.
Maybe you need such a philosophy.

The point is that you don't kill people for not believing in your
"silly ****" or "philosophy".

You've exposed your own gross generalisation.

Old June 21st 17, 08:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 21/06/2017 20:57, Rod Speed wrote:

My spiritual beliefs aren't silly ****.

All spiritual beliefs are mindless silly ****. There are no gods.
We evolved from pond slime. It really is that simple.

They are a practical philosophy.

Nope, just crutches for pathetically inadequate 'minds'
that just can't accept that there is no purpose for life,
we are born, we do various things and we all die.

Maybe you need such a philosophy.

Nope, don’t need a mental crutch.

I think you're confusing 'spiritual' with 'supernatural'.

You're wrong. Try a dictionary.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirituality