The coming strife

Old June 21st 17, 09:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Indy Jess John

Default The coming strife

On 20/06/2017 22:00, newshound wrote:

Quote from this article (2000)

In Britain, that is almost certain to happen in London, and in the
relatively near future. 'At the moment ethnic minorities are about 40
per cent in London. The demographics show that white people in London
will become a minority by 2010,' said Jasper.

Here we are in 2017, I have heard a figure that claims the current
London figure is about one third, but I rather doubt that this applies
all the way out to the M25.

I know someone who works in an East London school.
There are 37 different mother tongues where English is a second
language; and just over 30% of the pupils are children of somebody born
in the UK.

Old June 21st 17, 10:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed

"Richard" wrote in message
news
"Steve Walker" wrote in message news

On 20/06/2017 22:30, Richard wrote:
"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...

On 6/19/2017 3:37 PM, Richard wrote:
"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...

On 6/19/2017 11:52 AM, Bill Wright wrote:
This morning we are given the news that someone has driven a van
into a crowd of people outside a Mosque, killing one and injuring
many.

For some time now I've feared that the UK is heading for a period of
sectarian warfare, similar in some ways to the situation that
prevailed in Northern Ireland in the 60s and 70s.

The lesson of history is that when two identifiable communities
share the same land there's a good chance of strife. The reasons are
a mystery but it could be that the innate tribalism of the species
is at least partly responsible. In the case of Northern Ireland the
cultural differences between the communities were small; but in the
case of the UK now the cultural differences are very large, with one
community happily accepting behaviours that the other one condemns.

The troubles of the 60s started when a few people on one side
started a series of relatively small attacks on the other side. You
might want to categorise those people as 'hotheads' or 'psychopaths'
or 'terrorists' or 'freedom fighters'. Take your pick; it doesn't
matter.

What matters is that the other side retaliated. Then the whole thing
escalated until there were large scale indiscriminate attacks.

In the UK at present the Muslim community is about 3% of the total.
The demographics show that the figure will rise to something between
20 and 40% during the next fifty years. If the (tiny) proportion of
all UK Muslims who are waging war on the rest of society remains the
same then there will be more and more attacks. It seems certain that
a (tiny) proportion of the indigenous population will retaliate.

I fear that we might be approaching a very unhappy period of our
nation's history.

Bill

Don't believe your demographics figure. I bet it comes from a very
dubious source.

Well, I did a quick search for you and made sure that no "right wing"
source was being quoted. This paints a (depressing, from my point of
view) picture which may help you and it's quite old:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/sep/03/race.world

Quote from this article (2000)

In Britain, that is almost certain to happen in London, and in the
relatively near future. 'At the moment ethnic minorities are about 40
per cent in London. The demographics show that white people in London
will become a minority by 2010,' said Jasper.

Here we are in 2017, I have heard a figure that claims the current
London figure is about one third, but I rather doubt that this applies
all the way out to the M25.

OK
https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/2...on-projections
But the future is not white.

Whether it is white or not matters much less than whether it is Christian
or Aethiest with a broadly Christian background or another religion.
Colour is of much less importance than culture.

It all matters, given circumstances.

Nope.

If an extra-terrestrial threat actually did occur,

Not a chance. The speed of light means that it aint gunna happen.

all religious and ethnic barriers would come down in an attempt to jointly
overcome the threat.

Even sillier than you usually manage, particularly if the aliens show
up with bunches of flowers and start handing out gold bars etc.

Of course, every faction would attempt to ensure priority of self in the
long term.

Completely off with the ****ing fairys, as always.

No surprise that everyone calls it a dick.

Old June 21st 17, 12:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Woody[_5_]

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 20/06/2017 22:00, newshound wrote:

Quote from this article (2000)

In Britain, that is almost certain to happen in London, and in the
relatively near future. 'At the moment ethnic minorities are about
40
per cent in London. The demographics show that white people in
London
will become a minority by 2010,' said Jasper.

Here we are in 2017, I have heard a figure that claims the current
London figure is about one third, but I rather doubt that this
applies
all the way out to the M25.

I know someone who works in an East London school.
There are 37 different mother tongues where English is a second
language; and just over 30% of the pupils are children of somebody
born in the UK.

That's nothing Jimmy boy. They were interviewing a head teacher from a
school in north London the other night - not far from Grenfell - and
in her school they speak 180(!!) different langauges. Now I would
guess that some will be different dialects of the same language as
there are only 196 countries in the world!

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old June 21st 17, 12:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 21/06/2017 04:46, Rod Speed wrote:
Bill Wright wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Religion doesn’t matter much when so few are religious anymore.

Many more are spiritual than religious.

Sure, but those don’t matter so much because they mostly
just believe in some silly **** and hardly ever try to convince
anyone else about the silly **** they believe in and certainly
don’t usually kill others who believe in some other silly ****.

My spiritual beliefs aren't silly ****. They are a practical philosophy.
Maybe you need such a philosophy.

Old June 21st 17, 01:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Richard[_6_]

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...

On 6/20/2017 10:30 PM, Richard wrote:
"newshound" wrote in message

Quote from this article (2000)

In Britain, that is almost certain to happen in London, and in the
relatively near future. 'At the moment ethnic minorities are about 40
per cent in London. The demographics show that white people in London
will become a minority by 2010,' said Jasper.

Here we are in 2017, I have heard a figure that claims the current
London figure is about one third, but I rather doubt that this applies
all the way out to the M25.

OK
https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/2...on-projections
But the future is not white.

I refer you to the classic scene in "Shaft" between Richard Rowntree and
Charles Cioffi

Shaft. Was that a documentary about London?

Old June 21st 17, 03:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 21/06/2017 13:06, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 09:42:47 +0100, Indy Jess John
wrote:

On 20/06/2017 22:00, newshound wrote:

Quote from this article (2000)

In Britain, that is almost certain to happen in London, and in the
relatively near future. 'At the moment ethnic minorities are about 40
per cent in London. The demographics show that white people in London
will become a minority by 2010,' said Jasper.

Here we are in 2017, I have heard a figure that claims the current
London figure is about one third, but I rather doubt that this applies
all the way out to the M25.

I know someone who works in an East London school.
There are 37 different mother tongues where English is a second
language; and just over 30% of the pupils are children of somebody born
in the UK.

My kids went to a school like that. Most of the kids go to university.

Ah, but I was referring to an infants school ;-)

Old June 21st 17, 03:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
JoeJoe

On 21/06/2017 12:52, Woody wrote:
[...]

Friends insisted on sending their daughter to a local catholic primary
school - quite far from their house (yet the nearest such school) - in
the middle of a neighbourhood where many asylum seekers (economic
migrants to you and me) were housed. She was the only white face in the
class, and there were 9 different languages spoken amongst the 22
children in her class + they had 5 permanent teaching
assistants/translators in the first few years.

Needless to say that they moved her to a school far away for her
secondary education.

Old June 21st 17, 04:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 21/06/2017 15:39, Martin wrote:

wrote:

On 20/06/2017 22:00, newshound wrote:

Quote from this article (2000)

In Britain, that is almost certain to happen in London, and in the
relatively near future. 'At the moment ethnic minorities are about 40
per cent in London. The demographics show that white people in London
will become a minority by 2010,' said Jasper.

Here we are in 2017, I have heard a figure that claims the current
London figure is about one third, but I rather doubt that this applies
all the way out to the M25.

I know someone who works in an East London school.
There are 37 different mother tongues where English is a second
language; and just over 30% of the pupils are children of somebody born
in the UK.

My kids went to a school like that. Most of the kids go to university.

Ah, but I was referring to an infants school ;-)

They started at the school when they were four, progressed through infants to
junior and senior school and then to university. The school can teach kids who
know no English to understand and communicate in English in one term. The big
difference between East London schools and their school is that the kids at
their school have parents, who can either can afford the fees or have an
employer who pays the fees. Small children have no problem learning new
languages.

I don't deny that. The point I was making was that the school only
educates up to age 11. After that they go to another school. Therefore
that school doesn't send anybody to university.

Old June 21st 17, 04:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Some schools, mainly private, take children as young a 4 yo and carry on
educatating them up to University entrance.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old June 21st 17, 05:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Mark[_6_]

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:30:44 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

news:[email protected] co.uk...

"newshound" wrote in message
[...]

No, It's Orange.