wolfbane - problems?

Old June 20th 17, 02:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

Default wolfbane - problems?

A long time since I last used wolfbane to point an aerial but as I'm at a
campsite and all the aerials seem to be pointing in different directions
with different vertical/horizontal alignments I thought I would give it a
go.

Site is there but doesn't load on my Android tablet.

The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google
search.

Not loading in Chrome/Windows8.1 either.

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell XPS laptop running W8.1
Old June 20th 17, 02:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"David" wrote in message
A long time since I last used wolfbane to point an aerial but as I'm at a
campsite and all the aerials seem to be pointing in different directions
with different vertical/horizontal alignments I thought I would give it a
go.

Site is there but doesn't load on my Android tablet.

The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google
search.

Not loading in Chrome/Windows8.1 either.

Not working for me, on Windows 7 and Firefox. I also tried truncating the
URL to http://www.wolfbane.net

I wonder whether there is a DNS or hosting problem, because "nslookup
www.wolfbane.net" gives three IP addresses which all point to a names.co.uk
placeholder page.

Old June 20th 17, 02:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On 20 Jun 2017 14:07:28 GMT, David wrote:

The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google
search.

Mmmmm. *.exe = Windows server ... Wannacry?

Try mine:
http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/Audi...lculator.shtml
Old June 20th 17, 02:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Java Jive" wrote in message
On 20 Jun 2017 14:07:28 GMT, David wrote:

The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google
search.

Mmmmm. *.exe = Windows server ... Wannacry?

Try mine:
http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/Audi...lculator.shtml

Looks good. I notice that for my transmitter, Bilsdale, it doesn't list COM8
on channel 37 602 MHz.

Old June 20th 17, 02:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"NY" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Java Jive" wrote in message
On 20 Jun 2017 14:07:28 GMT, David wrote:

The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google
search.

Mmmmm. *.exe = Windows server ... Wannacry?

Try mine:
http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/Audi...lculator.shtml

Looks good. I notice that for my transmitter, Bilsdale, it doesn't list
COM8 on channel 37 602 MHz.

In fact for other main transmitters (eg Emley Moor) it doesn't list COM8.
Not that there's much that you'd want on COM8 :-)

Old June 20th 17, 03:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The Other John[_2_]

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 14:07:28 +0000, David wrote:

The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google
search.

The index page loads OK on:
http://www.wolfbane.com/articles/tvr.htm

HTH

--
TOJ.
Old June 20th 17, 03:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 15:42:48 +0100, "NY" wrote:

"NY" wrote in message

Looks good. I notice that for my transmitter, Bilsdale, it doesn't list
COM8 on channel 37 602 MHz.

In fact for other main transmitters (eg Emley Moor) it doesn't list COM8.
Not that there's much that you'd want on COM8 :-)

It lists those transmissions that were included in Ofcom's data last
time I downloaded it, which, if you run your eye down the page update
logs at the bottom, was February this year.
Old June 20th 17, 04:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
alan_m

On 20/06/2017 15:07, David wrote:
A long time since I last used wolfbane to point an aerial but as I'm at a
campsite and all the aerials seem to be pointing in different directions
with different vertical/horizontal alignments I thought I would give it a
go.

Site is there but doesn't load on my Android tablet.

The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google
search.

Not loading in Chrome/Windows8.1 either.

The Wolfbane home page loads for me and against the "UK digital TV
reception predictor" link it says in red lettering "(we are experiencing
intermittent extreme demand; please do keep trying)"

Old June 20th 17, 06:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:05:03 +0100, alan_m wrote:

On 20/06/2017 15:07, David wrote:
A long time since I last used wolfbane to point an aerial but as I'm at
a campsite and all the aerials seem to be pointing in different
directions with different vertical/horizontal alignments I thought I
would give it a go.

Site is there but doesn't load on my Android tablet.

The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google
search.

Not loading in Chrome/Windows8.1 either.

The Wolfbane home page loads for me and against the "UK digital TV
reception predictor" link it says in red lettering "(we are experiencing
intermittent extreme demand; please do keep trying)"

Thanks - I assumed that the whole thing was down.

I do wonder what extreme demand is; DDoS attack?

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell XPS laptop running W8.1
Old June 20th 17, 06:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"NY" wrote in message

Looks good. I notice that for my transmitter, Bilsdale, it doesn't list
COM8 on channel 37 602 MHz.

In fact for other main transmitters (eg Emley Moor) it doesn't list COM8.
Not that there's much that you'd want on COM8 :-)

It lists those transmissions that were included in Ofcom's data last
time I downloaded it, which, if you run your eye down the page update
logs at the bottom, was February this year.

Ah, maybe Ofcom have not included COM8 in their info for some reason. I last
scanned all the muxes in September 2016, using VLC to view the channels
within a mux and TSReaderLite to examine the data within the DVB-T streams
(it can't decode DVB-T2).

I've just tried again now and (for Bilsdale) it still works, though COM8 now
has more channels than it used to, with BBC RB2 - BBC RB 6 which are all
sub-SD 544x576. Maybe the RB channels are for Wimbledon and other transient
summer sports.