wolfbane - problems?

Old June 20th 17, 07:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

Default wolfbane - problems?

On 20/06/2017 15:07, David wrote:
A long time since I last used wolfbane to point an aerial but as I'm at a
campsite and all the aerials seem to be pointing in different directions
with different vertical/horizontal alignments I thought I would give it a
go.

Site is there but doesn't load on my Android tablet.

The link ishttp://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google
search.

Not loading in Chrome/Windows8.1 either.

Cheers

Dave R

I ran that link and then looked at the HTML
It creates an iframe and populates the iframe from
http://81.133.43.140/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?

81.133.43.140 takes too long to respond and times out.

Old June 20th 17, 08:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Sounds like they have not paid their bill.

"NY" wrote in message
o.uk...
"David" wrote in message
A long time since I last used wolfbane to point an aerial but as I'm at a
campsite and all the aerials seem to be pointing in different directions
with different vertical/horizontal alignments I thought I would give it a
go.

Site is there but doesn't load on my Android tablet.

The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google
search.

Not loading in Chrome/Windows8.1 either.

Not working for me, on Windows 7 and Firefox. I also tried truncating the
URL to
http://www.wolfbane.net

I wonder whether there is a DNS or hosting problem, because "nslookup
www.wolfbane.net" gives three IP addresses which all point to a
names.co.uk placeholder page.

Old June 20th 17, 08:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 15:23:06 +0100, Java Jive wrote:

On 20 Jun 2017 14:07:28 GMT, David wrote:

The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google
search.

Mmmmm. *.exe = Windows server ... Wannacry?

Try mine:
http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/Audi...TerrestrialTV/

TerrestrialCalculator.shtml

Thanks. Getting there slowly.

I now have the challenge of finding lat/long for my location.

Lazy soul that I am it would be nice if it could read from 'location
services' on a GPS enabled device or perhaps accept a post code.

Will dig deeper.

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell XPS laptop running W8.1
Old June 20th 17, 09:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On 20 Jun 2017 19:44:19 GMT, David wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 15:23:06 +0100, Java Jive wrote:

Try mine:
http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/Audi...TerrestrialTV/

TerrestrialCalculator.shtml

I now have the challenge of finding lat/long for my location.

Lazy soul that I am it would be nice if it could read from 'location
services' on a GPS enabled device or perhaps accept a post code.

Eh? Drop down list gives choices for location entry: Lat/Lon, E/N,
GridRef, Postcode, Placename.
Old June 20th 17, 10:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Java Jive wrote:

Mmmmm. *.exe = Windows server ... Wannacry?

The link doesn't download a .exe to the client, it runs a .exe CGI on
the server
Old June 20th 17, 10:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:22:33 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Java Jive wrote:

Mmmmm. *.exe = Windows server ... Wannacry?

The link doesn't download a .exe to the client, it runs a .exe CGI on
the server

Of course, but it means he has a Windows-based server, and although,
in fact, it seems that perhaps the server was not affected by recent
malware outbreaks, it was legitimate to wonder whether it had been.
Old June 20th 17, 10:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"David" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 15:23:06 +0100, Java Jive wrote:

On 20 Jun 2017 14:07:28 GMT, David wrote:

The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a
Google
search.

Mmmmm. *.exe = Windows server ... Wannacry?

Try mine:
http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/Audi...TerrestrialTV/

TerrestrialCalculator.shtml

Thanks. Getting there slowly.

I now have the challenge of finding lat/long for my location.

Lazy soul that I am it would be nice if it could read from 'location
services' on a GPS enabled device or perhaps accept a post code.

Will dig deeper.

Simplest way is to go on www.streetmap.co.uk, find your location and
place the arrow on it, and then look just below the map for the
alternative co-ordinates hyperlink - it will give lat/long, OS map
ref, and postcode usually fairly accurately.

Alternatively if you have a smartphone (I speak here of Android) and
download a free map location app it will show all you need to know -
including elevation if you are lucky - from GPS.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old June 21st 17, 03:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Java Jive wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

The link doesn't download a .exe to the client, it runs a .exe CGI on
the server

Of course, but it means he has a Windows-based server, and although,
in fact, it seems that perhaps the server was not affected by recent
malware outbreaks, it was legitimate to wonder whether it had been.

No need for FUD ... over 40% of websites are run by IIS, nobody in their
right mind has opened port 445 on internet facing servers for decades :-)

Old June 21st 17, 11:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 19:44:19 +0000, David wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 15:23:06 +0100, Java Jive wrote:

On 20 Jun 2017 14:07:28 GMT, David wrote:

The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google
search.

Mmmmm. *.exe = Windows server ... Wannacry?

Try mine: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/Audi...TerrestrialTV/

TerrestrialCalculator.shtml

Thanks. Getting there slowly.

I now have the challenge of finding lat/long for my location.

Lazy soul that I am it would be nice if it could read from 'location
services' on a GPS enabled device or perhaps accept a post code.

Will dig deeper.

Cheers

Dave R

O.K. - memory coming back from using this yea those many years ago.

Postcode works and I seem to be pointing in the correct direction.

Wonder what the others are picking up?

Weird thing is that I am in NI (very close to the border) and the signal
is coming from ROI but seems to be the usual NI BBC subset not RTE.

Reflections?

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell XPS laptop running W8.1
Old June 21st 17, 11:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

wrote:

Java Jive wrote:

Mmmmm. *.exe = Windows server ... Wannacry?

The link doesn't download a .exe to the client, it runs a .exe CGI on
the server

Of course, but it means he has a Windows-based server, and although,
in fact, it seems that perhaps the server was not affected by recent
malware outbreaks, it was legitimate to wonder whether it had been.

If you wanted to mess with someone's head then you could create an
executable with a .exe file extension on a Linux server.

Give that executables are identified by permissions not file names or
extensions then this would work perfectly well.

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell XPS laptop running W8.1