Election pains

Old June 8th 17, 08:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Election pains

So then all radio and tv will no doubt be taken up with over hyped stuff
tonight after 10 pm.
Despite modern technology in use one still tends to get the old we cannot
reach xx at the moment or people talking miles away into dodgy pa systems
and all the other chaotic things we used to have way back in the 60s. Tech
may have changed but the implementation of good practice by lay people has
stagnated.

is this thing on blow blow.

Old June 8th 17, 12:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 08/06/2017 10:20, Martin wrote:
You omitted to say that most of what is said is repetitive rubbish, a blend of
what "they" think you want to hear, party slogans, platitudes, lies and pure
bull****.

I will go to bed early. Once I had cast my vote my ability to affect
the outcome was finished. I have no interest in speculations ahead of
the final figures.

Old June 8th 17, 01:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 08/06/2017 13:03, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 08/06/2017 10:20, Martin wrote:
You omitted to say that most of what is said is repetitive rubbish, a
blend of
what "they" think you want to hear, party slogans, platitudes, lies
and pure
bull****.

I will go to bed early. Once I had cast my vote my ability to affect
the outcome was finished. I have no interest in speculations ahead of
the final figures.

Nor me. It amuses me how they take the first result that arrives at 11pm
ish, and then attempt to extrapolate the other 649 and the final outcome
from that.

--
Mark
Old June 8th 17, 02:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

On 08/06/2017 14:02, Mark Carver wrote:
On 08/06/2017 13:03, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 08/06/2017 10:20, Martin wrote:
You omitted to say that most of what is said is repetitive rubbish, a
blend of
what "they" think you want to hear, party slogans, platitudes, lies
and pure
bull****.

I will go to bed early. Once I had cast my vote my ability to affect
the outcome was finished. I have no interest in speculations ahead of
the final figures.

Nor me. It amuses me how they take the first result that arrives at 11pm
ish, and then attempt to extrapolate the other 649 and the final outcome
from that.

There will be an exit poll, the results of which you will hear on the
news immediately Big Bong strikes 1 of 10. At the last General Election
it was remarkably accurate in forecasting a Conservative government.

Old June 8th 17, 02:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 08/06/2017 15:22, Norman Wells wrote:
On 08/06/2017 14:02, Mark Carver wrote:
On 08/06/2017 13:03, Indy Jess John wrote:

I will go to bed early. Once I had cast my vote my ability to affect
the outcome was finished. I have no interest in speculations ahead of
the final figures.

Nor me. It amuses me how they take the first result that arrives at
11pm ish, and then attempt to extrapolate the other 649 and the final
outcome from that.

There will be an exit poll, the results of which you will hear on the
news immediately Big Bong strikes 1 of 10. At the last General Election
it was remarkably accurate in forecasting a Conservative government.

Excellent, I only need to delay my 'school day' bed time of 22:00 hrs by
a minute or so

--
Mark
Old June 8th 17, 02:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

On 08/06/2017 15:33, Mark Carver wrote:
On 08/06/2017 15:22, Norman Wells wrote:
On 08/06/2017 14:02, Mark Carver wrote:
On 08/06/2017 13:03, Indy Jess John wrote:

I will go to bed early. Once I had cast my vote my ability to affect
the outcome was finished. I have no interest in speculations ahead of
the final figures.

Nor me. It amuses me how they take the first result that arrives at
11pm ish, and then attempt to extrapolate the other 649 and the final
outcome from that.

There will be an exit poll, the results of which you will hear on the
news immediately Big Bong strikes 1 of 10. At the last General Election
it was remarkably accurate in forecasting a Conservative government.

Excellent, I only need to delay my 'school day' bed time of 22:00 hrs by
a minute or so

You don't even need to do that. I'm remarkably accurate in forecasting
a Conservative government too.

You can go to bed now if you like. You won't miss anything.

Old June 8th 17, 03:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

On 08/06/17 14:02, Mark Carver wrote:
On 08/06/2017 13:03, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 08/06/2017 10:20, Martin wrote:
You omitted to say that most of what is said is repetitive rubbish, a
blend of
what "they" think you want to hear, party slogans, platitudes, lies
and pure
bull****.

I will go to bed early. Once I had cast my vote my ability to affect
the outcome was finished. I have no interest in speculations ahead of
the final figures.

Nor me. It amuses me how they take the first result that arrives at 11pm
ish, and then attempt to extrapolate the other 649 and the final outcome
from that.

How coincidental...

I've already used this quote once today in a completely unrelated post:
"Their guess turned out to be right, but one is reminded of E. T. Bell's
remark that the great vice of the Greeks was not sodomy but extrapolation."

What's the Greek for QED? ;-)

--

Jeff
Old June 8th 17, 03:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

In message , Jeff Layman
writes

What's the Greek for QED? ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q.E.D...._and_early_use

I'm pretty sure that my newsreader can't cope with Greek characters, so
I'll forebear from copying and pasting the Greek phrase from which the
Latin "quod erat demonstrandum" is derived.
--
John Hall
"Think wrongly if you please,
Old June 8th 17, 04:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Jones

On 08/06/2017 13:03, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 08/06/2017 10:20, Martin wrote:
You omitted to say that most of what is said is repetitive rubbish, a
blend of
what "they" think you want to hear, party slogans, platitudes, lies
and pure
bull****.

I will go to bed early. Once I had cast my vote my ability to affect
the outcome was finished. I have no interest in speculations ahead of
the final figures.

Jim

Yes but if you do that you'll miss the oh so exciting race to 'be the
first to announce results' we have to endure each election.
I'm sure we'll be treated to the obligatory human chain of school kids
passing voting boxes into the counting station etc etc.
Perhaps this year they can mount a camera on top of one of the boxes
being passed along for extra 'dramatic effect'!
Would be nice if they concentrated on being accurate rather than
attempting to be first.
Old June 8th 17, 04:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

On 2017-06-08, Phi wrote:

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
news

[23 lines snipped]

What's the Greek for QED? ;-)

--

This sig separator is broken.

Jeff

Apodeichthike

"Apodeichthike meaning" is a Google-whack. Haven't seen one of those for
a while.

I thought it was usually "hoper edei deixai" - see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q.E.D.

But I never did Greek (and I've forgotten what maths I managed) so Phi
better cap it.

--
Robin