Election pains

Old June 8th 17, 05:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

Default Election pains

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
news
On 08/06/17 14:02, Mark Carver wrote:
On 08/06/2017 13:03, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 08/06/2017 10:20, Martin wrote:
You omitted to say that most of what is said is repetitive rubbish, a
blend of
what "they" think you want to hear, party slogans, platitudes, lies
and pure
bull****.

I will go to bed early. Once I had cast my vote my ability to affect
the outcome was finished. I have no interest in speculations ahead of
the final figures.

Nor me. It amuses me how they take the first result that arrives at 11pm
ish, and then attempt to extrapolate the other 649 and the final outcome
from that.

How coincidental...

I've already used this quote once today in a completely unrelated post:
"Their guess turned out to be right, but one is reminded of E. T. Bell's
remark that the great vice of the Greeks was not sodomy but
extrapolation."

What's the Greek for QED? ;-)

--

Jeff

Apodeichthike

Old June 9th 17, 09:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
that is a given. I was more interested in the lines breaking up naff pa
systems and all that usual crap that elections seem to bring to our
technological world.
We can get pictures back from Pluto but not a decent audio signal from the
other side of London.

The funniest thing I saw (I think it was on Sky) was a reporter from one of
the early-announcing counts who was wearing a vivid red dress. I don't know
whether it was an indication of which party she supported, but if so it was
spoiled because the dress kept alternating to vivid blue due to some
technical fault. I was waiting for someone to make a wisecrack about her
changing her political allegiances every few seconds.

I wonder what fault could cause the colour to shift so dramatically while
still retaining a positive image (ie not a negative with red going to its
complementary colour, cyan)

Old June 9th 17, 07:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Michael Chare[_5_]

On 08/06/2017 10:20, Martin wrote:

Andrew Neil's interviews should have been enough to put most voters off voting.

Especially when the likes of the PM refuse to answer his questions. I
wonder if it will cost her her job in a little while.

--
Michael Chare

---

Old June 9th 17, 07:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

In message , Michael Chare
writes
On 08/06/2017 10:20, Martin wrote:
Andrew Neil's interviews should have been enough to put most
voters off voting.

Especially when the likes of the PM refuse to answer his questions. I
wonder if it will cost her her job in a little while.

As far as I can see, all politicians always avoid answering any
questions that they are asked by any interviewer. So although the PM
will probably lose her job before long, it seems unlikely that it will
be as a result of failing to answer Andrew Neil's questions.
--
John Hall
"Think wrongly if you please,
Old June 9th 17, 09:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 09/06/2017 20:18, John Hall wrote:
In message , Michael Chare
writes
On 08/06/2017 10:20, Martin wrote:
Andrew Neil's interviews should have been enough to put most
voters off voting.

Especially when the likes of the PM refuse to answer his questions. I
wonder if it will cost her her job in a little while.

As far as I can see, all politicians always avoid answering any
questions that they are asked by any interviewer. So although the PM
will probably lose her job before long, it seems unlikely that it will
be as a result of failing to answer Andrew Neil's questions.

It's just possible that her refusal to say where the means testing for
winter fuel payments would kick in cost her a few OAP votes nationwide.

--
Max Demian
Old June 10th 17, 08:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

On 10/06/2017 09:53, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 20:18:17 +0100, John Hall wrote:

In message , Michael Chare
writes
On 08/06/2017 10:20, Martin wrote:
Andrew Neil's interviews should have been enough to put most
voters off voting.

Especially when the likes of the PM refuse to answer his questions. I
wonder if it will cost her her job in a little while.

As far as I can see, all politicians always avoid answering any
questions that they are asked by any interviewer. So although the PM
will probably lose her job before long, it seems unlikely that it will
be as a result of failing to answer Andrew Neil's questions.

but the others he interviewed did answer his questions.

You didn't see the Corbyn one then?
Old June 10th 17, 03:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 15:08:47 +0200, Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:

"NY" wrote in
:

I wonder what fault could cause the colour to shift so dramatically
while still retaining a positive image (ie not a negative with red
going to its complementary colour, cyan)

Perhaps a chroma keying circuit being triggered at the wrong moment?

Or, and more likely, a chroma keying circuit being triggered at the
*right* moment. :-)

--
Johnny B Good