Rattle

Old June 6th 17, 08:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Rattle

I notice that my faithful aerial in the loft is rattling when the wind blows
through the tiles. No sign of any issues as yet, but maybe the local
wildlife have learned how to use screwdrivers.

Old June 6th 17, 08:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

On 06/06/2017 09:23, Brian Gaff wrote:

I notice that my faithful aerial in the loft is rattling when the wind blows
through the tiles. No sign of any issues as yet, but maybe the local
wildlife have learned how to use screwdrivers.

It'll be squirrels. They take the nuts and bury them, you know.
Old June 6th 17, 09:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 09:47:11 UTC+1, Norman Wells wrote:
On 06/06/2017 09:23, Brian Gaff wrote:

I notice that my faithful aerial in the loft is rattling when the wind blows
through the tiles. No sign of any issues as yet, but maybe the local
wildlife have learned how to use screwdrivers.

It'll be squirrels. They take the nuts and bury them, you know.

They certainly gnaw through plastic pipes as a neighbour found out when he switched on his washing machine on return from holiday - waste pipe almost completely eaten through (probably by leverets in a drey they had made in the eaves)
Old June 6th 17, 10:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PLC

On 06/06/2017 10:37, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 09:47:11 UTC+1, Norman Wells wrote:
On 06/06/2017 09:23, Brian Gaff wrote:

I notice that my faithful aerial in the loft is rattling when the wind blows
through the tiles. No sign of any issues as yet, but maybe the local
wildlife have learned how to use screwdrivers.

It'll be squirrels. They take the nuts and bury them, you know.

They certainly gnaw through plastic pipes as a neighbour found out when he switched on his washing machine on return from holiday - waste pipe almost completely eaten through (probably by leverets in a drey they had made in the eaves)

Leverets? Those are young hares!

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid
Old June 6th 17, 10:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PLC

On 06/06/2017 12:22, Phi wrote:

"PLC" wrote in message
news
On 06/06/2017 10:37, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 09:47:11 UTC+1, Norman Wells wrote:
On 06/06/2017 09:23, Brian Gaff wrote:

I notice that my faithful aerial in the loft is rattling when the
wind blows
through the tiles. No sign of any issues as yet, but maybe the local
wildlife have learned how to use screwdrivers.

It'll be squirrels. They take the nuts and bury them, you know.

They certainly gnaw through plastic pipes as a neighbour found out
when he switched on his washing machine on return from holiday -
waste pipe almost completely eaten through (probably by leverets in a
drey they had made in the eaves)

Leverets? Those are young hares!

Young levers

Youg squirrels are known as kits or kittens, or ocacsionally pups.

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid
Old June 6th 17, 10:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 11:37:23 +0100, PLC wrote:

Youg squirrels are known as kits or kittens, or ocacsionally pups.

Why not squirrets?
Old June 6th 17, 10:59 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger Mills[_2_]

On 06/06/2017 09:23, Brian Gaff wrote:
I notice that my faithful aerial in the loft is rattling when the wind blows
through the tiles. No sign of any issues as yet, but maybe the local
wildlife have learned how to use screwdrivers.
Brian

That Simon bloke gets everywhere!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old June 7th 17, 06:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 07/06/2017 07:31, Brian Gaff wrote:
these are itself tapping screws. I'm sure there is a pun here but at this
hour it eludes me.

So perhaps your aerial wasn't rattling, it was the screws tapping
themselves?