Freesat?

Old June 8th 17, 12:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

Default Freesat?

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 10:30:43 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

If you have an HD screen and she is not myopic she should soon
appreciate the difference.

We have a HD screen, I can't tell if the picture is HD or not.

Me neither

and even if I could tell the difference I wouldn't give a **** about it

I watch TV programs to glean the information or entertainment value
contained within the program

That I can see individual blades of grass in the picture makes not one jot
of difference in that aim

It makes a difference if you watch tennis on TV

What does make a difference is bloody subtitles that don't sync with the
sound. Getting that right is a million times more important than a
sharper
picture (and it isn't just live subtitling that goes wrong!)

Replaying Humax recordings sometimes lose sync. You can recover by
stopping and
starting. Losing sync with live TV is fairly rare IME.

I watched the Met Police prog live last night

the subs were all over the place, sometimes early, sometimes late and
occasionally synced

completely bloody useless

tim

--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old June 8th 17, 02:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 13:48:55 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

. ..

news R. Mark Clayton wrote:

[...]

I didn't watch it.

Normally I don't watch live TV at all (except for current affairs/news, but
they come with CFU "live" subtitling which is not-synced by design)

So I rarely get a chance to know if badly synced subs are a result of
uselessness by the broadcaster or poor functionality in my recorder

This was most definitely uselessness by the broadcaster

tim