A Sky, cable and digital tv forum. Digital TV Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Digital TV Banter forum » Digital TV Newsgroups » uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) (uk.tech.digital-tv) Discussion of all matters technical in origin related to the reception of digital television transmissions, be they via satellite, terrestrial or cable. Advertising is forbidden, with no exceptions.

Bressay Transmitter



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #12  
Old June 2nd 17, 06:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 303
Default Bressay Transmitter

On 01/06/2017 20:02, Jeff Layman wrote:

I'm surprised you have time to reply in this thread. I thought you'd
have been watching "That's Hampshire" 24/7 for the last week. :-)


Oh !! It's utterly dire. 5 mins of content packed into 24 hours, and
some of it stays on the recorded loop for several days. There's no EPG
data either, so impossible to record on a PVR (not that you would or
need to anyway !)

How apt that Basingstoke's 'Wote Street Willie' appaers here at 0:41 mins:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek-7gE6KsdQ


--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
  #13  
Old June 2nd 17, 11:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The Other John[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 50
Default Bressay Transmitter

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 07:38:19 +0100, Mark Carver wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek-7gE6KsdQ


Is the audio always like that or is it a duff YouTube clip? There's a
sort of percussive effect at the start of each word.

--
TOJ.
  #14  
Old June 2nd 17, 11:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 303
Default Bressay Transmitter

On 02/06/2017 12:23, The Other John wrote:
On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 07:38:19 +0100, Mark Carver wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek-7gE6KsdQ


Is the audio always like that or is it a duff YouTube clip? There's a
sort of percussive effect at the start of each word.


No, it's like that on a proper telly too. The Reading channel (often the
same presenter) has even worse audio.



--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
  #15  
Old June 2nd 17, 12:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The Other John[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 50
Default Bressay Transmitter

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 12:53:25 +0100, Mark Carver wrote:

No, it's like that on a proper telly too. The Reading channel (often the
same presenter) has even worse audio.


Firkin 'ell! What a waste of bandwidth!

--
TOJ.
  #16  
Old June 2nd 17, 12:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 303
Default Bressay Transmitter

On 02/06/2017 13:05, The Other John wrote:
On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 12:53:25 +0100, Mark Carver wrote:

No, it's like that on a proper telly too. The Reading channel (often the
same presenter) has even worse audio.


Firkin 'ell! What a waste of bandwidth!


It's all weird. I've seen no local publicity at all promoting
either the Reading of Basingstoke stations. I suppose they
just rely on people stumbling across them as they surf the EPG beyond
ITV 2, and then only after a retune (in many cases) !

There's a major story in Basingstoke at present, a surgery has been
placed under special measures. BBC South (Coast) Today have been running
it as a major story. Basingstoke TV Channel ? Nothing.

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
  #17  
Old June 2nd 17, 12:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 652
Default Bressay Transmitter

On 02/06/17 13:31, Mark Carver wrote:
On 02/06/2017 13:05, The Other John wrote:
On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 12:53:25 +0100, Mark Carver wrote:

No, it's like that on a proper telly too. The Reading channel (often the
same presenter) has even worse audio.


Firkin 'ell! What a waste of bandwidth!


It's all weird. I've seen no local publicity at all promoting
either the Reading of Basingstoke stations. I suppose they
just rely on people stumbling across them as they surf the EPG beyond
ITV 2, and then only after a retune (in many cases) !


I wouldn't have known (let alone cared...) if I hadn't looked at
A516digital to see what the new channels message seen yesterday was all
about. I was scrolling down the page when I came across the "That's
Hampshire" announcement.

At least I found out about the major reshuffle on 2 August. Looks like
quite a bit of PVR rescheduling to do!

Anyway, you won't get any sympathy from me about "That's Hampshire", as
we've been suffering "That's Solent" for a least a century down here.
Talking Pictures gives some relief, thank goodness.

--

Jeff
  #18  
Old June 2nd 17, 01:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 303
Default Bressay Transmitter

On 02/06/2017 13:45, Jeff Layman wrote:

Anyway, you won't get any sympathy from me about "That's Hampshire", as
we've been suffering "That's Solent" for a least a century down here.


A lot of the reports from Solent are lifted and used on Hampshire.
There's also a stock shot of Fareham Police Station they keep using
to illustrate a police story (Our Cop Shop here obviously isn't
photogenic enough for them, or they can't find it !)


--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
  #19  
Old June 3rd 17, 11:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,451
Default Bressay Transmitter

On Fri, 2 Jun 2017 14:31:25 +0100, Mark Carver
wrote:

(Our Cop Shop here obviously isn't photogenic enough for them,
or they can't find it !)


They probably think it's been closed. Maybe it they're right.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2017 Digital TV Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.