BTs demo channel now gone?

Old May 26th 17, 04:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
the dog from that film you saw

Default BTs demo channel now gone?

On 26/05/2017 08:48, Mark Carver wrote:
On 26/05/2017 08:46, Brian Gaff wrote:
Oh god another retune then...

As the channel is on a T2 mux, and all T2 receivers are mandated
to automagically discover and add new channels themselves, then the
answer should be, no.

my brother's humax didn't - had to do a manual search for it to appear.
Old May 26th 17, 06:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 26/05/2017 08:48, Mark Carver wrote:
On 26/05/2017 08:46, Brian Gaff wrote:
Oh god another retune then...

As the channel is on a T2 mux, and all T2 receivers are mandated
to automagically discover and add new channels themselves, then the
answer should be, no.

"Mandated" when? My Humax HDR-Fox T2 doesn't.

--
Max Demian
Old May 26th 17, 10:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

On Fri, 26 May 2017 08:48:24 +0100, Mark Carver
wrote:

all T2 receivers are mandated to automagically discover and add new
channels themselves

Says who? And since when? Mine doesn't.
Old May 27th 17, 06:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike Tomlinson[_2_]

En el artículo , Mark Carver
escribió:

As the channel is on a T2 mux, and all T2 receivers are mandated
to automagically discover and add new channels themselves, then the
answer should be, no.

My LG tv doesn't seem to do that. I get fed up of the prompts to start
auto-tuning when the channel map changes, as it does frequently.

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Old May 27th 17, 04:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 26/05/2017 17:56, the dog from that film you saw wrote:
On 26/05/2017 08:48, Mark Carver wrote:
On 26/05/2017 08:46, Brian Gaff wrote:
Oh god another retune then...

As the channel is on a T2 mux, and all T2 receivers are mandated
to automagically discover and add new channels themselves, then the
answer should be, no.

my brother's humax didn't - had to do a manual search for it to appear.

Indeed, nor does my Humax, but as I said, *should* do, it's apparently a
requirement in the DTG 'D-Book', but clearly not mandatory to follow
that, on reflection mandated was the wrong word for me to use !

--
Mark
Old May 27th 17, 04:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 27/05/2017 07:24, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Mark Carver
escribió:

As the channel is on a T2 mux, and all T2 receivers are mandated
to automagically discover and add new channels themselves, then the
answer should be, no.

My LG tv doesn't seem to do that.

My mother's LG does !

--
Mark
Old May 27th 17, 05:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

escribió:

As the channel is on a T2 mux, and all T2 receivers are mandated
to automagically discover and add new channels themselves, then the
answer should be, no.

My LG tv doesn't seem to do that.

My mother's LG does !

I have a 24" Samsung TV in my bedroom, a SyncMaster T240HD.
It is designed to be used as either computor monitor or a Freeview TV.

It looks for changes within the muxes it already has and adds any new
channels to the EPG and Channel List and marks them with green ticks.
Channels that have been removed are left in the EPG+ChList but marked
with a red X. One of those channels can be removed from the EPG+ChList
by selecting it in the normal way and responding to the invitation to
remove it. A new channel retains its green tick until it is selected.
The tick is then automatically deleted.

This is useful because changes are handled automatically and are drawn
attention to in the EPG and ChList.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)