BTs demo channel now gone?

Old May 26th 17, 07:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

Default BTs demo channel now gone?

On 26/05/2017 08:46, Brian Gaff wrote:
Oh god another retune then...

As the channel is on a T2 mux, and all T2 receivers are mandated
to automagically discover and add new channels themselves, then the
answer should be, no.

--
Mark
Old May 26th 17, 07:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Erm, yes Dave is also a stupid name as well. Maybe we need a Tracy channel
and a Tarquin channel.

We definitely need one for pets.

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Have bt vision decided to stop paying for their ever so boring channel on
freeview plugging their sport now?

Also does anyone understand the reason for channel names like Spike

Spike comes from the same genre as "Dave" - A "Lads" channel

and Quest Red?

Beats me too

tim

Old May 26th 17, 07:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I never lasted more than a couple of minutes. I had not realised that they
did actually use it sometimes for stuff.
All the shopping channels too, there are now so many of them.
I used to know people who used them but more recently people tell me you can
get better deals on internet sites than on QVC et a l

wrote in message
On Thursday, 25 May 2017 14:25:18 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Have bt vision decided to stop paying for their ever so boring channel on
freeview plugging their sport now?

Is that what it was?

I assumed the Demo channel would be a bit like Yesterday, but with more
Arthur Scargill.

Owain

Old May 26th 17, 07:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

So its on one of the hds, well good riddance.

My talking box cannot do hd. No real point in hd for a blind person is
there?
I wonder if they have thought what happens to us blindies if they all go
onto those mux types and then we have no channels to watch and no talking
box to buy either. Rather a reduction in service don't you think? Maybe take
Offcom to court under the Equality act for not offering an affordable way to
continue getting a tv service for blind people?

Old May 26th 17, 08:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Mark Carver wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

Oh god another retune then...

As the channel is on a T2 mux, and all T2 receivers are mandated
to automagically discover and add new channels themselves, then the
answer should be, no.

Here, with a samsung TV, the answer was yes.

Old May 26th 17, 08:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

Perhaps you should write to OfCom to specifically raise this question.

In article , Brian Gaff
wrote:
So its on one of the hds, well good riddance.

My talking box cannot do hd. No real point in hd for a blind person is
there? I wonder if they have thought what happens to us blindies if they
all go onto those mux types and then we have no channels to watch and
no talking box to buy either. Rather a reduction in service don't you
think? Maybe take Offcom to court under the Equality act for not
offering an affordable way to continue getting a tv service for blind
people? Brian

Old May 26th 17, 08:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Brian Gaff wrote:

So its on one of the hds, well good riddance.
My talking box cannot do hd. No real point in hd for a blind person is
there?

Don't think of it as a HD box, think of it as a T2 box.
Old May 26th 17, 08:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Brian Gaff wrote:

Oh god another retune then...

Only if you want a few sporadic hours of sailing this month and one
football match next month.

Old May 26th 17, 10:31 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Martin wrote:

I want sailing this month if it is the Americas Cup. Which channel will it be
on?

You're in luck http://www.dvber.co.uk/BT+Showcase

Is it on Freesat too?

Oh, maybe you're not in luck ...
Old May 26th 17, 11:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Martin wrote:

Well worth watching the finals even if you aren't particularly/at all interested
in sailing, especially if the British boat reaches the finals.

Apparently it's too windy today ...