Novelty aerals.

Old May 20th 17, 11:31 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_2_]

Default Novelty aerals.

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 27, 2017.

On Fri, 19 May 2017 21:34:19 +0100, Vir Campestris
wrote:

On 19/05/2017 20:31, Ian Field wrote:

They used to plaster the walls on wooden laths, more recently; a wire
mesh is fixed to the wall to slap the plaster on - it makes a pretty
good Faraday cage.

My house is like that. It's 300 years old in parts, but a lot of the
outside has metal mesh with pebbledash on it.

Some of the ceilings are metal mesh too.

We have ferro-concrete walls in our house, but wooden floors.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old May 20th 17, 03:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 19/05/2017 23:23, Graham. wrote:

Here is such a thing I saw last year
https://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/...7666529762673/

That link gives me a Yahoo login screen. I didn't bother, because the
second link gave me a good enough idea of the sort of thing you are
referring to.

Old May 20th 17, 04:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 20/05/2017 16:29, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 19/05/2017 23:23, Graham. wrote:

Here is such a thing I saw last year
https://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/...7666529762673/

That link gives me a Yahoo login screen.

Gives me "page not found".

--
Max Demian
Old May 20th 17, 04:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Sat, 20 May 2017 17:07:17 +0100, David Woolley
wrote:

On 20/05/17 16:29, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 19/05/2017 23:23, Graham. wrote:

Here is such a thing I saw last year
https://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/...7666529762673/

That link gives me a Yahoo login screen. I didn't bother, because the
second link gave me a good enough idea of the sort of thing you are
referring to.

+1

Sorry I make the same mistake with Flickr every time. Try this link.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/a23282
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old May 20th 17, 08:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
I've also seen some kind of plastic mesh, and I often wondered if this
plastic degenerated do the wall fall to bits?

Its mostly about something to stick the plaster to in the first place, but
if cracks develop - chunks might fall off.

You probably wouldn't find out until you do the wallpaper.