BBC iPlayer wants me to sign in. Bloody cheek.

Old May 11th 17, 07:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

Default BBC iPlayer wants me to sign in. Bloody cheek.

I will have to find another way to watch the occasional good program.
Old May 12th 17, 08:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

On 11/05/17 20:15, Phi wrote:
I will have to find another way to watch the occasional good program.

Link here for more info:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/usingthebbc/why...you-to-sign-in

Another snooper's charter. Obviously Government-approved.

--

Jeff
Old May 12th 17, 08:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bob L

On Fri, 12 May 2017 08:49:45 +0100, Charlie+ wrote:

On Thu, 11 May 2017 19:15:35 -0000, "Phi" wrote as
underneath :

I will have to find another way to watch the occasional good program.

I believe there are suppliers of free valid email addresses to spoof
into such websites without having to give your private information away
thus ending up on email lists sold to all and sundry... Might be an
answer to this problem? C+

for email I used mailinator.com, (see their website for full details)
bbc have not blacklisted that as tempory email, Mailinator have other
domains available as well, use it regularly for such things.

For post code use a bbc address - that works

Old May 12th 17, 08:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

"Charlie+" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 May 2017 19:15:35 -0000, "Phi" wrote as
underneath :

I will have to find another way to watch the occasional good program.

I believe there are suppliers of free valid email addresses to spoof
into such websites without having to give your private information away
thus ending up on email lists sold to all and sundry... Might be an
answer to this problem? C+

But, they want my home address to match to my IP address so they can link my
TV licence.

This is too much info.

Old May 12th 17, 09:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PLC

On 12/05/2017 09:56, Phi wrote:

"Charlie+" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 May 2017 19:15:35 -0000, "Phi" wrote as
underneath :

I will have to find another way to watch the occasional good program.

I believe there are suppliers of free valid email addresses to spoof
into such websites without having to give your private information away
thus ending up on email lists sold to all and sundry... Might be an
answer to this problem? C+

But, they want my home address to match to my IP address so they can
link my TV licence.

This is too much info.

Why? The law requires a TV licence for watchingas you wish to do. Why
should other licence payers subsidize you?

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid
Old May 12th 17, 09:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article , Phi wrote:

"PLC" wrote in message
On 12/05/2017 09:56, Phi wrote:

"Charlie+" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 May 2017 19:15:35 -0000, "Phi" wrote
as underneath :

I will have to find another way to watch the occasional good program.

I believe there are suppliers of free valid email addresses to spoof
into such websites without having to give your private information
away thus ending up on email lists sold to all and sundry... Might be
an answer to this problem? C+

But, they want my home address to match to my IP address so they can
link my TV licence.

This is too much info.

Why? The law requires a TV licence for watchingas you wish to do. Why
should other licence payers subsidize you?

-- Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid

That's the point I have a licence, but I am not allowing my postal
address to be loose on the internet.

somebody might steal it?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old May 12th 17, 10:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Wilf[_2_]

On 12/05/2017 10:55 am, Martin wrote:

On Fri, 12 May 2017 08:49:45 +0100, Charlie+ wrote:

On Thu, 11 May 2017 19:15:35 -0000, "Phi" wrote as
underneath :

I will have to find another way to watch the occasional good program.

I believe there are suppliers of free valid email addresses to spoof
into such websites without having to give your private information away
thus ending up on email lists sold to all and sundry... Might be an
answer to this problem? C+

Just create another gmail account?

More nonsense to come
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7730251.html

I really do not understand why this is such a problem. You have to log
in to many other facilities to make use of them.

--
Wilf
Old May 12th 17, 10:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PLC

On 12/05/2017 11:43, Phi wrote:

"PLC" wrote in message
On 12/05/2017 09:56, Phi wrote:

"Charlie+" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 May 2017 19:15:35 -0000, "Phi" wrote as
underneath :

I will have to find another way to watch the occasional good program.

I believe there are suppliers of free valid email addresses to spoof
into such websites without having to give your private information away
thus ending up on email lists sold to all and sundry... Might be an
answer to this problem? C+

But, they want my home address to match to my IP address so they can
link my TV licence.

This is too much info.

Why? The law requires a TV licence for watchingas you wish to do. Why
should other licence payers subsidize you?

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid

That's the point I have a licence, but I am not allowing my postal
address to be loose on the internet.

Paranoia. What if you order something online?

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid

Old May 12th 17, 11:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 12/05/2017 09:56, Phi wrote:

"Charlie+" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 May 2017 19:15:35 -0000, "Phi" wrote as
underneath :

I will have to find another way to watch the occasional good program.

I believe there are suppliers of free valid email addresses to spoof
into such websites without having to give your private information away
thus ending up on email lists sold to all and sundry... Might be an
answer to this problem? C+

But, they want my home address to match to my IP address so they can
link my TV licence.

This is too much info.

There's no way to match your IP address to your home address except by
your ISP - and that will usually change each time you connect.

--
Max Demian