Samsung again..

Old May 9th 17, 06:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Samsung again..

I see iI'm being given a lot of commercials for Samsung TVs recently. All
quoting this Q-LED screen. I do wonder several things. We seem to be
eternally given new screen types but are they any good. Quantum Dot Led,
yerwot?

Now myself I care not if the picture even works, as long as the menus speak
and the program guide speaks, but why suddenly so many different screens? Or
it it all just hype and marketing speak?

Old May 9th 17, 08:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
I see iI'm being given a lot of commercials for Samsung TVs recently. All
quoting this Q-LED screen. I do wonder several things. We seem to be
eternally given new screen types but are they any good. Quantum Dot Led,
yerwot?

Now myself I care not if the picture even works, as long as the menus
speak and the program guide speaks, but why suddenly so many different
screens? Or it it all just hype and marketing speak?

Screen design is on the march and they're only just getting how to do
economically viable LED pixels.

As the technology improves - they just can't wait to charge you more for
higher resolution pictures.

Old May 10th 17, 09:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Maybe they could get their angle grinders out and saw off the screen bit
and just flog me the rest thank you very much.
Brian

Pretty sure you can still get AV gear with RCA sockets - just feed it SCART
from a PVR and run the RCA leads to a Hi-Fi amp.

There were sound only receivers in the analogue days - maybe there's DVB kit
if you look in the right places.

You could also get someone to assemble a breakout box from SCART to audio
only - there might still be the molded block SCART to RCA adaptors.

Old May 10th 17, 10:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 10/05/2017 21:06, Ian Field wrote:

"Brian wrote in message
news
Maybe they could get their angle grinders out and saw off the screen bit
and just flog me the rest thank you very much.
Brian

Pretty sure you can still get AV gear with RCA sockets - just feed it SCART
from a PVR and run the RCA leads to a Hi-Fi amp.

There were sound only receivers in the analogue days - maybe there's DVB kit
if you look in the right places.

You could also get someone to assemble a breakout box from SCART to audio
only - there might still be the molded block SCART to RCA adaptors.

Maplins used to sell them. I own one.

Old May 11th 17, 08:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Yes but all the boxes you get these days need sight to operate them,
Samsung tellies have spoken menues and program guide.

No point a blind person buying a thing they cannot use.
Brian

A SCART to RCA adaptor block is no different to the connecting up that has
to exist anyway.