Older Samsung TV and kiosk mode

Old May 9th 17, 12:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Older Samsung TV and kiosk mode

Readers may remember that I was trying to put a combined webpage and picture-in-picture on an older Samsung TV. I discovered that this TV, a C-series, was smart but not smart enough to allow control using the never web based Samsung 'remotes'. I tried controlling in via IR but this was unreliable.

Well I've recently discovered that you can control these TVs using a computer serial connection (TTL level) and Samsung's exlink protocol. Amusingly the serial port is implemented using three unused pins on the VGA input port.