Doctor Who audio

Old May 7th 17, 07:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Doctor Who audio

On 07/05/2017 16:39, Bob wrote:
On Sun, 07 May 2017 16:29:39 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

On 07/05/2017 14:53, Roderick Stewart wrote:

I think her preference for girls has been made apparent from the start.
When I can be bothered to think about it at all (generally only when
prompted by another mention of the fact in the show or in some
newspaper article) I struggle to think what on earth it can possibly be
considered to have to do with the plot of a sci-fi drama. It just seems
like an irrelevance that's part of somebody's private agenda.

That's exactly what it is. The BBC inserts such things into everything
they do. They're trying to brainwash us.

Into what? Tolerance of others?

No, into the intolerance that the liberal left exhibit.

Old May 7th 17, 07:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 07/05/2017 16:39, Bob wrote:
On Sun, 07 May 2017 16:29:39 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

On 07/05/2017 14:53, Roderick Stewart wrote:

I think her preference for girls has been made apparent from the start.
When I can be bothered to think about it at all (generally only when
prompted by another mention of the fact in the show or in some
newspaper article) I struggle to think what on earth it can possibly be
considered to have to do with the plot of a sci-fi drama. It just seems
like an irrelevance that's part of somebody's private agenda.

That's exactly what it is. The BBC inserts such things into everything
they do. They're trying to brainwash us.

Into what? Tolerance of others?

No-one tolerates everybody.

--
Max Demian
Old May 7th 17, 07:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Findlay[_4_]

Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Sun, 7 May 2017 11:32:56 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

Here is one for you. I have no idea of the skin colour or ethnicity of
anyone on TV unless its actually mentioned. Sometimes the name is a clue,
but to be honest I have no interest. The only interest I have is in the odd
views expressed by some people.

That might be regarded as culturally insensitive. I often don't notice a
person's ethnicity unless it's obvious. I didn't notice 'Bill's' colour
straight away. (BTW, she revealed that she prefers girls to boys in last
night's edition. Whoopido!)

I think her preference for girls has been made apparent from the
start. When I can be bothered to think about it at all (generally only
when prompted by another mention of the fact in the show or in some
newspaper article) I struggle to think what on earth it can possibly
be considered to have to do with the plot of a sci-fi drama. It just
seems like an irrelevance that's part of somebody's private agenda.

Would a clear hetty preference also seem like an irrelevance to you? If
not, why not?

--
Bill Findlay

Old May 7th 17, 08:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 07/05/2017 20:45, Bill Findlay wrote:

Would a clear hetty preference also seem like an irrelevance to you? If
not, why not?

It isn't the fact that there's a gay character in Dr Who; it isn't the
fact that she's black. It's the fact that the BBC crowbar their leftist
liberal message into every damned programme. I don't give a fig about
whether people are gay, straight, black, white, or anything. What
bothers me, a lot, is the fact that the BBC are running a constant
campaign to make their own extremist views the norm by brainwashing
everyone, especially young people.

The BBC is full of leftist metropolitans who are not at all
representative of the population as a whole, yet their views fill the
airways.

Old May 7th 17, 08:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Findlay[_4_]

Bill Wright wrote:
On 07/05/2017 20:45, Bill Findlay wrote:

Would a clear hetty preference also seem like an irrelevance to you? If
not, why not?

It isn't the fact that there's a gay character in Dr Who; it isn't the
fact that she's black. It's the fact that the BBC crowbar their leftist
liberal message into every damned programme. I don't give a fig about
whether people are gay, straight, black, white, or anything. What
bothers me, a lot, is the fact that the BBC are running a constant
campaign to make their own extremist views the norm by brainwashing
everyone, especially young people.

In what way is the presence of a very few gay characters in BBC dramas
"extremist"?

--
Bill Findlay

Old May 7th 17, 08:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 07/05/2017 17:15, Bob wrote:
On Sun, 07 May 2017 16:50:23 +0100, Woody wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
o.uk...
No that LGBT is normal

It is

and hetrosexual is the oddity.

It isn't - hetro is also normal

I'll just get my flameproof suit.......

Well, going by numbers, LGBT are a minority - so they aren't normal. Any
more than my height is normal.

I've just been (re)reading Clarke's 2010, and there is mention of
homosexuality in there - but just in passing. Others of his books have
it more main stream (Imperial Earth springs to mind) - but it's a side
issue. It's not what the books are about. And I don't expect it to be,
in the kind of books I read.

I haven't watch Who for years, and I'm surprised to find that the
sexuality of any of the characters is relevant. It's obviously changed.

For all I know all the Doctors up to 1990 were gay - but you couldn't
tell. And it didn't matter.

Andy
Old May 7th 17, 08:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Findlay[_4_]

"Bob" wrote in message
o.uk...
No that LGBT is normal

It is

and hetrosexual is the oddity.

It isn't - hetro is also normal

I'll just get my flameproof suit.......

Well, going by numbers, LGBT are a minority - so they aren't normal. Any
more than my height is normal.

You are conflating two meanings of the word normal, deliberately and, I
dare say, maliciously.

I've just been (re)reading Clarke's 2010, and there is mention of
homosexuality in there - but just in passing. Others of his books have
it more main stream (Imperial Earth springs to mind) - but it's a side
issue. It's not what the books are about. And I don't expect it to be,
in the kind of books I read.

So what?

I haven't watch Who for years, and I'm surprised to find that the
sexuality of any of the characters is relevant. It's obviously changed.

For all I know all the Doctors up to 1990 were gay - but you couldn't
tell. And it didn't matter.

But now we can, and he isn't. Did you see complaints about that here?

--
Bill Findlay

Old May 7th 17, 11:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

On Sun, 7 May 2017 21:08:52 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

The BBC is full of leftist metropolitans who are not at all
representative of the population as a whole, yet their views fill the
airways.

Are they operating flights as well now then? Or have they bought
the World of Sport plane and are towing a banner behind it?
Old May 8th 17, 02:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 07/05/2017 21:12, Bill Findlay wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
On 07/05/2017 20:45, Bill Findlay wrote:

Would a clear hetty preference also seem like an irrelevance to you? If
not, why not?

It isn't the fact that there's a gay character in Dr Who; it isn't the
fact that she's black. It's the fact that the BBC crowbar their leftist
liberal message into every damned programme. I don't give a fig about
whether people are gay, straight, black, white, or anything. What
bothers me, a lot, is the fact that the BBC are running a constant
campaign to make their own extremist views the norm by brainwashing
everyone, especially young people.

In what way is the presence of a very few gay characters in BBC dramas
"extremist"?

I didn't say it was. I said that the BBC had extremist views. (Meaning
that they are at or near the end of the spectrum of views held by the
general population.) By having having gay and ethnic characters in major
roles in EVERY production they are attempting to brainwash us into
believing that this country is not as it really is. They want us to
accept their ideal reality. Thus we find, for instance, that period
dramas have ethnic characters when it departs from the historical
reality. Those of us who know some history find this annoying, but
clearly the intention is to convince by stealth the young (who are
general ignorant about their country's history) that the past was not as
it really was. Then perhaps, it is hoped by the BBC, they will accept
more readily that we have an ever-growing sector of society that
believes that homosexuals should be put to death. In this they are ast
odds with most of those who are forced by threat of imprisonment to pay
for their services.

Old May 8th 17, 02:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 2017-05-07, Vir Campestris wrote:

[26 lines snipped]

I haven't watch Who for years, and I'm surprised to find that the
sexuality of any of the characters is relevant. It's obviously changed.

No, it hasn't. It's mentioned very briefly in passing as an aside. Bill's
just terrified someone might touch his cock.

On the contrary I would welcome having my cock touched. Form an orderly
queue.