Can one still get aerial rotators?

Old April 23rd 17, 10:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Can one still get aerial rotators?

Ones that don't cost an arm and a leg and have a knob on the controller so
one can tell where its pointed?
The old Stolle ones were perfectly adaquate with the bearing, but seem to
be no longer made.

Old April 23rd 17, 10:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Woolley[_2_]

On 23/04/17 11:04, Brian Gaff wrote:
Ones that don't cost an arm and a leg and have a knob on the controller so
one can tell where its pointed?
The old Stolle ones were perfectly adaquate with the bearing, but seem to
be no longer made.
Brian

Don't know about aerials, but you can get ones for US equivalent, in the
UK: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=antenna+rotator&tbm=shop.

The difficulty may be finding one of low enough specification to be
affordable, as the market is mainly for amateur radio.
Old April 23rd 17, 04:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
critcher[_6_]

On 23/04/2017 11:04, Brian Gaff wrote:
Ones that don't cost an arm and a leg and have a knob on the controller so
one can tell where its pointed?
The old Stolle ones were perfectly adaquate with the bearing, but seem to
be no longer made.
Brian

I prefer a tv set rotator
Old April 23rd 17, 05:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 17:49:49 +0100
critcher wrote:

On 23/04/2017 11:04, Brian Gaff wrote:
Ones that don't cost an arm and a leg and have a knob on the
controller so one can tell where its pointed?
The old Stolle ones were perfectly adaquate with the bearing, but
seem to be no longer made.
Brian

I prefer a tv set rotator

A.K.A. a Lazy Susan?

--
Davey.
Old April 23rd 17, 10:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

critcher wrote:

On 23/04/2017 11:04, Brian Gaff wrote:
Ones that don't cost an arm and a leg and have a knob on the
controller so one can tell where its pointed?
The old Stolle ones were perfectly adaquate with the bearing, but
seem to be no longer made.
Brian

I prefer a tv set rotator

A.K.A. a Lazy Susan?

Old B&O trick IIRC.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old April 24th 17, 08:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

and commercial uses generally. Lots of sources already investigated, but the
cheap ones tend to be'pre owned' on Ebay, and the new ones start at over 300
quid, for 'light duty' types.
This is silly, it would have almost made sense to have keep hold of my
two old Stolles and got them refurbished, though I was told the naff 'tin
gear's assemblies could not be replaced and this was the main bit that wore
out.
Sounds like an opening for some new person to buy the rights and start
making these again.

news

Old April 24th 17, 08:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Maybe I should instead get the transmitter sites to move around me?

I get the feeling nobody is taking this seriously, I wonder why?
The Stolle ones were sold by Jbeam and under the Archer brand, by Tandy.
Only the plastic colour of the control unit changed to protect the guilty!

Old April 24th 17, 09:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PLC

On 24/04/2017 09:40, Brian Gaff wrote:
Maybe I should instead get the transmitter sites to move around me?

I get the feeling nobody is taking this seriously, I wonder why?
The Stolle ones were sold by Jbeam and under the Archer brand, by Tandy.
Only the plastic colour of the control unit changed to protect the guilty!
Brian

There are a number available but they do not come cheap! This site shows
some though most are intended for larger amateur radio antennas.

http://hamradiostore.co.uk/search/?q=rotators

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid