BBC is constipated

Old April 18th 17, 03:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

Default BBC is constipated

In article , Max
Demian
wrote:
On 17/04/2017 21:35, Phi wrote:
Went to stream Guardians of the Galaxy on iPlayer through browser, but
get message to say 'For legal reasons we can't play this programme
here', but you can watch it by switching your TV to BBC one: alas I
have no TV

Sometimes they do the opposite and show the first episode on 'proper' TV
with the rest just online. Like the latest Wagner's Ring (without
saying so in the Radio Times). So I couldn't record it. Not that it
mattered as it looked like a glorified concert version.

I'n not personally a Wagner fan. I tend to prefer music. :-) However I
hadn't known about the above, either. Is it not on iplayer on demand?

Old April 19th 17, 12:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 18/04/2017 16:45, Jim Lesurf wrote:
In article , Max
Demian
wrote:
On 17/04/2017 21:35, Phi wrote:
Went to stream Guardians of the Galaxy on iPlayer through browser, but
get message to say 'For legal reasons we can't play this programme
here', but you can watch it by switching your TV to BBC one: alas I
have no TV

Sometimes they do the opposite and show the first episode on 'proper' TV
with the rest just online. Like the latest Wagner's Ring (without
saying so in the Radio Times). So I couldn't record it. Not that it
mattered as it looked like a glorified concert version.

I'n not personally a Wagner fan. I tend to prefer music. :-) However I
hadn't known about the above, either. Is it not on iplayer on demand?

Yes, for another three months or so.

--
Max Demian
Old April 19th 17, 01:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 15:53:32 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

Went to stream Guardians of the Galaxy on iPlayer through browser, but
get message to say 'For legal reasons we can't play this programme
here', but you can watch it by switching your TV to BBC one: alas I have
no TV

Sometimes they do the opposite and show the first episode on 'proper' TV
with the rest just online.

There's been a lot of this recently. The reason the broadcasters like
doing it is plain enough - they have the means to know who is watching
what without sending people out with clipboards to ask them.

Old April 19th 17, 06:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

wrote:

Went to stream Guardians of the Galaxy on iPlayer through browser, but
get message to say 'For legal reasons we can't play this programme
here', but you can watch it by switching your TV to BBC one: alas I have
no TV

Sometimes they do the opposite and show the first episode on 'proper' TV
with the rest just online.

There's been a lot of this recently. The reason the broadcasters like
doing it is plain enough - they have the means to know who is watching
what without sending people out with clipboards to ask them.

I assume it's cheaper to put stuff online instead of broadcasting - why
BBC Three went online. Especially true if few watch the programme(s).

--
Max Demian
Old April 19th 17, 06:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 19/04/2017 15:39, Jim Lesurf wrote:
In article , Max
Demian