Spell checker

Old April 16th 17, 11:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Spell checker

Does my spell checker know something I don't?
Satnav suggestion is sauna.

Old April 16th 17, 12:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The Other John[_2_]

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 12:03:24 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Does my spell checker know something I don't?
Satnav suggestion is sauna.
Brian

My eldest son emailed me that he was going for a flexible cystography and
his spell checker suggested 'autopsy' - not very encouraging for a
hospital trip!

--
TOJ.
Old April 16th 17, 02:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

No it seems we all need to update our dictionaries.
One other source of confusion is the tendency for people to dictate emails
and texts into their phones and this can end up with some very strange
messages.

news

Old April 16th 17, 04:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 12:03:24 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Does my spell checker know something I don't?
Satnav suggestion is sauna.

Perhaps only if it has an olfactory sensor input, maybe? :-)

--
Johnny B Good
Old April 17th 17, 08:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Ah yes very interesting. I don't think there is much of a call for
artificial noses, at least outside of the safety industry or crime
investigation.
However I think the idea of a vehicle having a sauna rather than a satnav
is an interesting one.

Nothing whatever to do with digital tv though, unless this artificial nose
is used to detect when the phone you are watching vidio on is about to burst
into flames.