Parker's mike

Old April 6th 17, 07:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Parker's mike

On the Halifax advert Parker the chauffeur's microphone is actually a
belling socket.

Old April 6th 17, 07:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On the Halifax advert Parker the chauffeur's microphone is actually a
belling socket.

So it is! On the end of what could be a bit of grey coax cable (though vey
stiff).

Old April 7th 17, 08:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Is that what these silly adverts are advertising. I'd had no idea since they
never say it in the audio. Maybe blind people are not welcome.
Did they do the scooby do and Flintstone ones as well?
I hate the Parker one as neither voice is very much like the originals. I
think both originals are probably dead by now in any case.
I'm waiting for the Donald Trump one.

Old April 7th 17, 08:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On the Halifax advert Parker the chauffeur's microphone is actually a
belling socket.

Did Thunderbirds have a burd in it? - I thought the one on skis looked like
the one from Stingray.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old April 7th 17, 08:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Friday, 7 April 2017 09:16:39 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Is that what these silly adverts are advertising. I'd had no idea since they
never say it in the audio. Maybe blind people are not welcome.

I notice they've stopped saying "always giving you extra".

I'm not surprised at the savings rates they pay.

Owain

Old April 9th 17, 10:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 20:33:35 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

On the Halifax advert Parker the chauffeur's microphone is actually a
belling socket.

Bill

I actually noticed that a couple of days ago. meant to post something
here, but forgot.

There was quite a lot of familiar electronics stuff in the shows, one
can imagine Gerry and Sylvia touring the electronics emporia on
Tottenham Court Road for props. Props from proops!

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old April 10th 17, 06:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

wrote:

On the Halifax advert Parker the chauffeur's microphone is actually
belling socket.

Bill

I actually noticed that a couple of days ago. meant to post
something
here, but forgot.

There was quite a lot of familiar electronics stuff in the shows,
one
can imagine Gerry and Sylvia touring the electronics emporia on
Tottenham Court Road for props. Props from proops!

In many TV series of the 60's and 70's, if there were to be any
'boffins' in the background that had to have instrumentation in front
of them you would regularly see a Telequipment D54, the odd Tektronix,
and the daddy of them all, a Cossor 1035. They always seemed to have
static or rolling single or double sinewaves on the screen as well.

Ah, them were't days.............................

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old April 10th 17, 07:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

wrote:

On the Halifax advert Parker the chauffeur's microphone is actually a
belling socket.

Bill

I actually noticed that a couple of days ago. meant to post something
here, but forgot.

There was quite a lot of familiar electronics stuff in the shows, one
can imagine Gerry and Sylvia touring the electronics emporia on
Tottenham Court Road for props. Props from proops!

I spent many an hour in the late 50s and early 60s down the Tottenham
Court Road in Proops, Z & I Aero, and the like. But let's not forget
Lisle St. There were a lot of great shops there too.

None left in London for many years AFAIAA, and I know of only one shop
in the UK now which sells old government surplus electronics gear (in
Lincoln). Are there any others?

--

Jeff
Old April 10th 17, 07:29 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd

I hate the Parker one as neither voice is very much like the
originals. I think both originals are probably dead by now

Sylvia Anderson did pass a year ago, but David Graham is still acting,
he voices Parker in Thunderbirds Are Go, the mostly computer animated
series made in New Zealand, and shown on ITV over the last two years,
all the voice overs are recording in London. And also has a role in
Peppa Pig, but never seen that.

Angus