nocturnal signal problem

Old April 2nd 17, 09:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default nocturnal signal problem

Perhaps the amps are powered by a wire to the lamp post!
All a bit worrying.
Perhaps its on the economy 7 loop.

"Dave W" wrote in message
news

"Tim+" wrote in message
news
A local lady is having an odd problem with her TVs at night. Here are her
two recent messages to a neighbourhood network group.

1) Hi everyone , If anyone has had similar problems with their tv can you
advise how it was rectified. An expert has looked at our equipment which
feeds 9 flats and the cause could be two different equipment faults one
being very expensive.
I have also heard that the new G4 signal can cause a similar problem but
this I believe can be rectified by fitting a filter. Comments by anyone
with similar experiences would be great.

2) Hi I have had problems for the last year with no signal on all
freeview
channels during the night. It only happens to my bedroom and other
bedroom
TVs- it's really weird as it comes back on at around 5.45am - it goes off
around 1am - I have Sky tv in lounge so that's not a problem but where I
have freeview in bedrooms no signal shows up. I got a filter but it
hasn't
worked and haven't done anything else but have always wondered why it is
happening. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Tim

Aerial distribution amplifier on a timer to save electricity? Like Surrey
backstreet lights now off between midnight and 5am.
--
Dave W

Old April 2nd 17, 09:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 01/04/2017 23:05, Dave W wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message
[...]

It would be off during the day.

Street light timers have nothing to do with day time - the street lights
have photo sensors.

Ours come on at 6am (if its still dark) - When it gets light they turn off
regardless of the timer.

I remember the street lights coming on during the last total eclipse.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old April 2nd 17, 09:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 07:20:38 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Tim+ wrote:

Dave W wrote:

Tim+ wrote:

no signal on all freeview channels during the night.

Surrey backstreet lights now off between midnight and 5am.

I did wonder about this by why didn't the problem always exist then?

Maybe the power to the masthead amp is 'borrowed' from a nearby
lamp-post :-)

as is usual in the marijuana growing industry :-)

Maybe they're pinching the electricity from one of those.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old April 3rd 17, 09:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"Tim+" wrote in message
news
Dave W wrote:

"Tim+" wrote in message
[...]

My street lights have only started to be switched off at night since last
month.
--
Dave W