Dr Who

Old April 1st 17, 08:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Dr Who

So Dr Who is going to have an openly gay female character in it. Yawn, well
we had an openly ac/dc one ages ago in Cpt Jack so why not.
What next. a wheelchair using gay transgender mixed race Drr who?

Do I detect a scraping of the barrel bottom here?
Considering many of the people in high office who have been making the most
recent Dr Whos are gay or whatever, cannot say I'm surprised, but do we
really care? Lets hope the actual story lines are no so bland as the ones in
the last series were or we will see it sink without trace no matter how
controversial it may be.

Old April 1st 17, 08:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 01/04/2017 09:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
So Dr Who is going to have an openly gay female character in it. Yawn

As Dr Who has been celibate so far, what relevance is the sexual
leanings of his companion?

A politically correct irrelevance.

Old April 1st 17, 09:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 01/04/17 09:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
So Dr Who is going to have an openly gay female character in it. Yawn, well
we had an openly ac/dc one ages ago in Cpt Jack so why not.
What next. a wheelchair using gay transgender mixed race Drr who?

Do I detect a scraping of the barrel bottom here?
Considering many of the people in high office who have been making the most
recent Dr Whos are gay or whatever, cannot say I'm surprised, but do we
really care? Lets hope the actual story lines are no so bland as the ones in
the last series were or we will see it sink without trace no matter how
controversial it may be.

It's called the Holby effect, that show has somewhat bloomed on gay
themes in the last few years. I wonder how many intolerant elder viewers
that show and channel has lost to subscribing to Sky instead?

--
Adrian C

Old April 1st 17, 10:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 01/04/2017 09:53, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 01/04/2017 09:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
So Dr Who is going to have an openly gay female character in it. Yawn

As Dr Who has been celibate so far, what relevance is the sexual
leanings of his companion?

He's not human. Are you celibate if you don't shag your dog?

--
Max Demian
Old April 1st 17, 11:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Sat, 01 Apr 2017 09:53:20 +0100, Indy Jess John
wrote:

So Dr Who is going to have an openly gay female character in it. Yawn

As Dr Who has been celibate so far, what relevance is the sexual
leanings of his companion?

The very first companion was his granddaughter - or was that part of
the subterfuge of sending her to school on planet Earth? I don't think
this detail was ever explained. It's been so long I've forgotten most
of the plots, and can't even understand the recent ones.

Rod.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old April 1st 17, 01:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
So Dr Who is going to have an openly gay female character in it.

dunno about gay.

Completely androgynous

Is that a bloke, or a bird?

tim

Old April 1st 17, 02:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 01/04/2017 11:41, Max Demian wrote:
On 01/04/2017 09:53, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 01/04/2017 09:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
So Dr Who is going to have an openly gay female character in it. Yawn

As Dr Who has been celibate so far, what relevance is the sexual
leanings of his companion?

He's not human. Are you celibate if you don't shag your dog?

I have never owned a dog so didn't have the option. ;-)

Old April 1st 17, 03:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]

wrote:

So Dr Who is going to have an openly gay female character in it. Yawn

As Dr Who has been celibate so far, what relevance is the sexual
leanings of his companion?

The very first companion was his granddaughter - or was that part of
the subterfuge of sending her to school on planet Earth? I don't think
this detail was ever explained. It's been so long I've forgotten most
of the plots, and can't even understand the recent ones.

The recent ones have plots?

Yes, they do. Mind you, only in the sense that a large scale roller
coaster ride has a "Plot" of its designed trajectory where the assumption
is that, regardless of all the various twists and turns, it all turns out
right in the end. :-)

--
Johnny B Good
Old April 1st 17, 04:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 01/04/2017 10:45, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

It's called the Holby effect, that show has somewhat bloomed on gay
themes in the last few years. I wonder how many intolerant elder viewers
that show and channel has lost to subscribing to Sky instead?

It isn't that we're intolerant, it's just that don't like feeling that
we're being treated like little kids; lectured to from on high.

Old April 2nd 17, 03:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Findlay[_3_]

Brian Gaff wrote:
So Dr Who is going to have an openly gay female character in it. Yawn, well
we had an openly ac/dc one ages ago in Cpt Jack so why not.

Exactly. Why not. Can you think of any reason at all?

What next. a wheelchair using gay transgender mixed race Drr who?

Why not?

Do I detect a scraping of the barrel bottom here?

Yes, you certainly are doing some scraping.

Considering many of the people in high office who have been making the most
recent Dr Whos are gay or whatever, cannot say I'm surprised, but do we really care?

Apparently you do. Why would that be?
The favoured theory in this group, much agreed with by the inmates,
is that you are trying to camouflage your own homoerotic tendencies.

--
Bill Findlay