Dr Who

Old April 2nd 17, 08:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Dr Who

If they are bigging this up it makes it sound like the stories are no good.
Its like bringing in a big star to be in a failing series, but the series
is failing only because the stories are rubbish.

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 01/04/2017 09:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
So Dr Who is going to have an openly gay female character in it. Yawn

As Dr Who has been celibate so far, what relevance is the sexual leanings
of his companion?

A politically correct irrelevance.

Old April 2nd 17, 08:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I personally feel we should n0ot bebringing real life into this sort of
series. It was a big mistake in torchwood as well. Too much personal angst
and stuff, not enough sci fi plot.

"Max Demian" wrote in message
news
On 01/04/2017 09:53, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 01/04/2017 09:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
So Dr Who is going to have an openly gay female character in it. Yawn

As Dr Who has been celibate so far, what relevance is the sexual
leanings of his companion?

He's not human. Are you celibate if you don't shag your dog?

--
Max Demian

Old April 2nd 17, 01:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Findlay[_3_]

Brian Gaff wrote:
No I don't but I do care about the powers that be trying to make the fact
into a reason for watching it rather than the sci fi aspect which is
beginning to take a back seat recently.
Brian

Nonsense, and a feeble attempt to divert attention from your blatant
homophobia.

They make a pre-season fuss about EVERY new companion.

--
Bill Findlay
Old April 2nd 17, 07:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 02/04/2017 04:35, Bill Findlay wrote:

Considering many of the people in high office who have been making the most
recent Dr Whos are gay or whatever, cannot say I'm surprised, but do we really care?

Apparently you do. Why would that be?
The favoured theory in this group, much agreed with by the inmates,
is that you are trying to camouflage your own homoerotic tendencies.

The idea that people who find homosexuality distasteful are simply in
denial about their own sexuality was originally popularised by Quintin
Crisp. I've never seen any scientific justification for it.

The who question is irrelevant to the matter under discussion, anyway.
The objection is not to homosexuality or even to portrayals of it; it is
to the excessive time given to this and similar issues by the BBC.

We've had a perfect example of BBC agenda chasing this afternoon. The
death of Darcus Howe has been given a completely disproportionate amount
of time on the R4 news.

Old April 2nd 17, 11:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Findlay[_3_]

Bill Wright wrote:
On 02/04/2017 04:35, Bill Findlay wrote:

Considering many of the people in high office who have been making the most
recent Dr Whos are gay or whatever, cannot say I'm surprised, but do we really care?

Apparently you do. Why would that be?
The favoured theory in this group, much agreed with by the inmates,
is that you are trying to camouflage your own homoerotic tendencies.

The idea that people who find homosexuality distasteful are simply in
denial about their own sexuality was originally popularised by Quintin
Crisp. I've never seen any scientific justification for it.

Neither have I, but it is the standard uk.tech.digital-tv theory for the
origins of homophobia. Perhaps you have forgotten that conversation.

The who question is irrelevant to the matter under discussion, anyway.
The objection is not to homosexuality or even to portrayals of it; it is
to the excessive time given to this and similar issues by the BBC.

Bull****. Characterising the time given to it as "excessive" begs the
question.

We've had a perfect example of BBC agenda chasing this afternoon. The
death of Darcus Howe has been given a completely disproportionate amount
of time on the R4 news.

Disproportionate in whose opinion?
You are not the only listener and others may legitimately take a different
view.
You really don't like that, do you, Bill?

--
Bill Findlay
Old April 3rd 17, 12:29 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 03/04/2017 00:02, Bill Findlay wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
On 02/04/2017 04:35, Bill Findlay wrote:

The who question is irrelevant to the matter under discussion, anyway.
The objection is not to homosexuality or even to portrayals of it; it is
to the excessive time given to this and similar issues by the BBC.

Bull****. Characterising the time given to it as "excessive" begs the
question.

I think when issues that are of interest only to a small minority are
constantly aired it is excessive.

We've had a perfect example of BBC agenda chasing this afternoon. The
death of Darcus Howe has been given a completely disproportionate amount
of time on the R4 news.

Disproportionate in whose opinion?
You are not the only listener and others may legitimately take a different
view.

Of course, but I contrast the time given to Darcus Howe with the time
given to other famous people who have also died, and as a result are
just as dead, but are not left wing icons. The difference is impossible
to ignore.

It's the same with the obit programme, 'Last Word'. An obscure, black,
communist poet from the USA dies and they feature her/him on the prog. A
fairly important UK right of centre politician dies and there's no mention.

You really don't like that, do you, Bill?

Ad hominen attack.

Old April 3rd 17, 03:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Findlay[_3_]

Bill Wright wrote:
On 02/04/2017 04:35, Bill Findlay wrote:

The who question is irrelevant to the matter under discussion, anyway.
The objection is not to homosexuality or even to portrayals of it; it is
to the excessive time given to this and similar issues by the BBC.

Bull****. Characterising the time given to it as "excessive" begs the
question.

I think when issues that are of interest only to a small minority are
constantly aired it is excessive.

You merely repeat your claim without evidence.
That something is not of interest to you does not entail that it is
interest to few.

We've had a perfect example of BBC agenda chasing this afternoon. The
death of Darcus Howe has been given a completely disproportionate amount
of time on the R4 news.

Disproportionate in whose opinion?
You are not the only listener and others may legitimately take a different view.

Of course, but I contrast the time given to Darcus Howe with the time
given to other famous people who have also died, and as a result are
just as dead, but are not left wing icons. The difference is impossible
to ignore.

David Bowie, for example?
Hour after hour after hour devoted to someone whose main talent was for
self promotion.

You really don't like that, do you, Bill?

Ad hominen attack.

No, an observation on your character, as displayed here.
I make no further inference.

--
Bill Findlay
Old April 3rd 17, 07:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 03/04/2017 12:31, Huge wrote:

One of the reasons I haven't re-killfiled you after my recent annual killfile
clearout is that I find your bigotry *so* monstrous that it's actually
quite entertaining.

This kill filing of people is a manifestation of the left's tendency to
shut their ears to any views that don't accord with their own. It's the
same thing as universities non-platforming people they don't agree with.

It's quite pathetic. How can you ever learn if you only listen to those
who echo your own views?

Old April 3rd 17, 07:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 2017-04-03, Bill Wright wrote:
On 03/04/2017 12:31, Huge wrote:

One of the reasons I haven't re-killfiled you after my recent annual killfile
clearout is that I find your bigotry *so* monstrous that it's actually
quite entertaining.

This kill filing of people is a manifestation of the left's tendency

Doesn't that jerking knee hurt?

Try to come up with an actual argument.