serving the public

Old March 20th 17, 02:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Huge

Default serving the public

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on March 27, 2017.

On 2017-03-20, Alan White wrote:
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:15:30 +0000, Roderick Stewart
wrote:

For smelly cheeses you need to get one of those Tupperware-style boxes
with a sealed lid and use it for nothing else. There's a type that's
made of slightly thicker plastic where the lid is held on with folding
plastic flaps that clip onto the sides,...

See:-
http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/

I once bought some stinky cheese in France (can't recall what) and despite being wrapped in cling-film, in a poly bag, in a plastic box in the frig, it still smelled in the hall ...

I never bought any more.

--
I don't have an attitude problem. If you have a problem with my
attitude, that's your problem.
Old March 20th 17, 07:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:50:48 +0000, Peter Duncanson
wrote:

For smelly cheeses you need to get one of those Tupperware-style boxes
with a sealed lid and use it for nothing else. There's a type that's
made of slightly thicker plastic where the lid is held on with folding
plastic flaps that clip onto the sides,...

See:-
http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/

They're really useful.

Those are indeed really useful, but I think Roderick was referring to
this style of box, the Addis Clip & Close:
http://www.addis.co.uk/kitchen-and-f...lip-close.html

Yep, that's the kind of thing. I think I got mine from Asda, but
similar to that.

Rod.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old March 20th 17, 08:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

On 2017-03-20, Norman Wells wrote:
"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message

For smelly cheeses you need to get one of those Tupperware-style boxes
with a sealed lid and use it for nothing else.

Or just avoid it like the plague. That's the best way.

No it isn't. Stinky cheese is one of life's great pleasures. And camembert
isn't particularly smelly.

Its smelly enough to make me think it had a strong flavour - big
disappointment.

Old March 20th 17, 08:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

In message , Huge
writes
On 2017-03-20, Norman Wells wrote:
"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message

For smelly cheeses you need to get one of those Tupperware-style boxes
with a sealed lid and use it for nothing else.

Or just avoid it like the plague. That's the best way.

No it isn't. Stinky cheese is one of life's great pleasures. And camembert
isn't particularly smelly.

I remember a friend of mine once cooking a steak and kidney pudding for
our lunch in a dish that he had previously used for cooking mackerel.
Steak and kidney pudding with a lingering taste of mackerel is not
particularly pleasant.

What are kippers before they're smoked?

Old March 20th 17, 08:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
wrote:

For smelly cheeses you need to get one of those Tupperware-style boxes
with a sealed lid and use it for nothing else. There's a type that's
made of slightly thicker plastic where the lid is held on with folding
plastic flaps that clip onto the sides,...

See:-
http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/

They're really useful.

One thing I can't find is a Tupperware or Click Lock style plastic box the
right size to keep rashers of bacon in. Say 9" x 3" x 1.5" or 23cm x 8cm x
4cm.

land have click lock tubs - but the tabs only stay put with a rubber band
round them.

Old March 20th 17, 08:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

wrote:

For smelly cheeses you need to get one of those Tupperware-style boxes
with a sealed lid and use it for nothing else. There's a type that's
made of slightly thicker plastic where the lid is held on with folding
plastic flaps that clip onto the sides,...

See:-
http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/

I once bought some stinky cheese in France (can't recall what) and despite
being wrapped in cling-film, in a poly bag, in a plastic box in the frig,
it still smelled in the hall ...

I never bought any more.

Apparently the French have banned carrying certain cheeses on public
transport.

Also; some French cheeses are based on penicillin mould - which makes French
women that little bit less risky.

Old March 20th 17, 08:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Hogg

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on March 27, 2017.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:38:00 -0000, "Benderthe.evilrobot"
wrote:

What are kippers before they're smoked?

Herring.

--

Chris
Old March 20th 17, 08:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Hogg

On 2017-03-20, Norman Wells wrote:
"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message

For smelly cheeses you need to get one of those Tupperware-style boxes
with a sealed lid and use it for nothing else.

Or just avoid it like the plague. That's the best way.

No it isn't. Stinky cheese is one of life's great pleasures. And camembert
isn't particularly smelly.

+1 I like strong goat's cheese, but you can't get it in the UK AFAICT.
Plenty in France though. I recently heard it described as having the
flavour of a goat's armpit! Yummy, in fact!

--

Chris
Old March 21st 17, 11:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Benderthe.evilrobot" wrote in message

In message , Huge
writes

Old March 21st 17, 08:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Benderthe.evilrobot" wrote in
message ...

In message , Huge
writes
On 2017-03-20, Norman Wells wrote:
"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message

For smelly cheeses you need to get one of those Tupperware-style
boxes
with a sealed lid and use it for nothing else.

Or just avoid it like the plague. That's the best way.

No it isn't. Stinky cheese is one of life's great pleasures. And
camembert
isn't particularly smelly.

I remember a friend of mine once cooking a steak and kidney pudding for
our lunch in a dish that he had previously used for cooking mackerel.
Steak and kidney pudding with a lingering taste of mackerel is not
particularly pleasant.

What are kippers before they're smoked?

alive

I'm pretty sure there's some intermediate state of health.