Redifuson switcher

Old March 17th 17, 04:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Redifuson switcher

He won't be going back to Poland for a while then.

"critcher" wrote in message
news
On 17/03/2017 04:45, Bill Wright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mwoke4pvkw...%2001.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8qt9kajhc...%2002.jpg?dl=0

Wasn't there some discussion here about the old cable TV systems? Here
are two pictures of the switch that they used to mount on the windowsill.

Bill

we have still got an old rediffussion cable pole at the bottom of our
lane, now about 5 feet diameter covered in 2 foot thick ivy.

Old March 17th 17, 04:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 17/03/2017 17:13, Brian Gaff wrote:
Dropbox has had a major outage today and it completely crashed the web site
with everyone attempting to find out why.
Brian

Thanks Brian

Old March 18th 17, 01:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 07:51:51 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I cannot see these, but the ones I used to see had two knobs, one marked a b
c etc, and the other was a kind of rotary switch with no clicks for the
volume of the selected channel.
On some later sets things became a little more sophisticated in the sound
department.

Brian

School classrooms and hospital wards used to have a wired radio
distribution system with a multi way channel switch and a second
switch for volume, resistive ladder probably. I wouldn't be at all
surprised if the NHS still has some working examples!
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%