Upgrade on Humax You view box

Old March 13th 17, 07:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Upgrade on Humax You view box

That is not really a good way to do it. Why should you need a smart phone
to use a box?

Lots of boxes can be controlled that way, and I'd suspect some tellies as
well, but really, given how simple it has to be to do, its a shocking
omission given the increase in the visually impaired older group of viewers.

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
On 12/03/17 10:12, Brian Gaff wrote:
Any sign onf a talking function yet.

Yes, already has it. Uses a smart phone.

--
Adrian C

Old March 13th 17, 08:14 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeeGee

On 12/03/17 20:35, wrote:
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 10:02:44 +0000, Dean Jackson
wrote:

How are users finding the recent menu upgrade that is being introduced
to Youview boxes? I much preferred the old menu list system.
D.J.

Same here, especially the recordings list.
Why on earth they feel that users need a picture to accompany the
names of programmes that they have recorded beats me.
I know that if a recording listed as countryfile is played back then I
will be watching a television presentation of things loosely based in
the Country, I don't need a picture of a tractor on the off chance
that somewhere someone may think that it is a programme about a rasp
like object being used outside of a town.
The lists could be read and absorbed in milliseconds, now it a
nightmare of unneeded visual information spread over the screen.
It appears to be a modern obsession where the visual/aural takes
precedence over ordinary reading.
The BBC website has gone the same way for a lot of news, at one time
you could read a good number of items just like they were in a
paper/magazine. Now heck of a lot are just video clips and it isn't
always convenient to listen to commentary .

G.Harman

It's the MPA* Syndrome that is creeping into everything. Even if totally
inappropriate, "tiles" for touch screen operation are obligatory since
MS (W10) decided they are essential.

* MPA = Mobile Phone Addict

--
PeeGee

to be removed from a computer easily."
Old March 13th 17, 03:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Oh if I'd designed it id strip out all the text and pictures and just have a
voice announcing it instead... grin.

"charles" wrote in message
PeeGee wrote:
wrote:

[...]

[Snip]

This is nothing new. TW3's "Lord Privy Seal" illustrated this perfectly in
the 1960s.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Old March 13th 17, 03:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Oh if I'd designed it id strip out all the text and pictures and just
have a voice announcing it instead... grin.

Brian

you've just invented a new medium - let's call it "radio".

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England