LLanddona Transmitter BBC Four?

Old March 11th 17, 11:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Default LLanddona Transmitter BBC Four?

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Freesat is beginning to look attractive for many reasons, and since my
talking box won't work when the band moves occur due to migration to dvb2,
I might just as well buy a talking tv with a sat tuner instead.

If Freesat had all the channels you can get on Freeview, it would be a good
alternative. However it doesn't carry channels like Yesterday and Drama
because the owners of those channels don't want them to be available to
anyone outside the UK unless they pay a fee Ieg via a portion of the Sky
subscription). So you'd still need Freeview for those and a transmitter that
broadcasts COM4 (Drama) and COM6 (Yesterday), which none of the relays do.
It's a shame that the allocation of channel to mux can't be altered to put
the channels that are not available on Freesat into a mux that every one can
receive on Freeview.

Thankfully I live near Bilsdale so I get all 8 muxes, but the other year we
were thinking of moving further west where Freeview would have been via a
relay, so I looked into this situation.

Old March 11th 17, 11:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan White[_3_]

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 12:26:12 -0000, "NY" wrote:

If Freesat had all the channels you can get on Freeview, it would be a good
alternative. However it doesn't carry channels like Yesterday and Drama...

Yesterday on Freesat 159
Drama on Freesat 158

--
Alan White
Mozilla Firefox and Forte Agent.
Old March 11th 17, 11:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 23:17:22 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 10/03/17 18:28, Mark Carver wrote:

However, next step is to ditch SD/HD simulcasting on DTT, in which case
eventually BBC 4 HD should be available to all.

Does that mean BBC1 local news will get moved to HD? At the moment it
isn't available on BBC1 HD.

It is in Scotland :-)
Old March 11th 17, 03:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Michael Chare[_5_]

On 11/03/2017 12:46, Alan White wrote:
On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 12:26:12 -0000, "NY" wrote:

If Freesat had all the channels you can get on Freeview, it would be a good
alternative. However it doesn't carry channels like Yesterday and Drama...

Yesterday on Freesat 159
Drama on Freesat 158

Dave is a better example, though I have not watched it since it changed
to such a naff name.

--
Michael Chare

---

Old March 11th 17, 03:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 10/03/2017 23:17, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 10/03/17 18:28, Mark Carver wrote:

However, next step is to ditch SD/HD simulcasting on DTT, in which case
eventually BBC 4 HD should be available to all.

Does that mean BBC1 local news will get moved to HD? At the moment it
isn't available on BBC1 HD.

It is (as pointed out) in the 'nations', but not the English regions.

The BBC Truss have I think given their blessing for regional news on BBC
1 HD in England within the next couple of years (though apart
from South West, North West, and London regions that won't mean the
local news will be in HD)

--
Mark
Old March 11th 17, 03:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 16:38:49 +0000, Mark Carver
wrote:

On 10/03/2017 23:17, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 10/03/17 18:28, Mark Carver wrote:

However, next step is to ditch SD/HD simulcasting on DTT, in which case
eventually BBC 4 HD should be available to all.

Does that mean BBC1 local news will get moved to HD? At the moment it
isn't available on BBC1 HD.

It is (as pointed out) in the 'nations', but not the English regions.

The BBC Truss have I think given their blessing for regional news on BBC
1 HD in England within the next couple of years (though apart
from South West, North West, and London regions that won't mean the
local news will be in HD)

Is Reporting Scotland in HD? How do I tell?
Old March 11th 17, 04:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 11/03/2017 16:54, Scott wrote:

Is Reporting Scotland in HD? How do I tell?

It should be !! Funnily enough I was in its studio this week. All looked
HD to me

--
Mark