vision v40-104 modulators.... where can I get instructions from the internet?

Old March 8th 17, 10:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default vision v40-104 modulators.... where can I get instructions from the internet?

Hi all,

Over a period of time I have been quietly buying vision v40-104 modulators from ebay so that I can feed 8 CCTV cameras into my freeview/freesat/fm/dab distribution system.

(the 700 MHz clearance will provide me with extra UHF channels to add the rest of the cameras after already populating 62, 64, 66 and 68 for the 1st 4 cameras)

Only trouble is they did not come with any instructions... I've googled high and low for them...

Can any kind soul provide a link to where I can find e-instructions for the Vision V40-104 modulators?

also has anyone ever succeeded in using adjacent UHF channels with these DSB modulators? Wondering if i can use UHF Chs 61, 63, 65 and 67 in addition?

Thank you in anticipation

Stephen
Old March 9th 17, 01:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 08/03/2017 23:08, wrote:
Hi all,

Over a period of time I have been quietly buying vision v40-104 modulators from ebay so tha

t I can feed 8 CCTV cameras into my freeview/freesat/fm/dab distribution
system.

(the 700 MHz clearance will provide me with extra UHF channels to add the rest of the cam

eras after already populating 62, 64, 66 and 68 for the 1st 4 cameras)

Only trouble is they did not come with any instructions... I've goo

gled high and low for them...

Can any kind soul

That's me. I'm a kind soul.

provide a link to where I can find e-instructions for the

Vision V40-104 modulators?

also has anyone ever succeeded in using adjacent UHF channels with these DSB

modulators? Wondering if i can use UHF Chs 61, 63, 65 and 67 in addition?

Thank you in anticipation

Stephen

If your email address works you have mail. It's a bit crumpled.

Also, I have a few of these spare because I'm in the process of
abandoning analogue CCTV distribution at home. I have disconnected ten
from the mains and reckon I will save about £60 per year in leccy.

They are OK for every second channel use but not adjacent. However you
can use them adjacent at ch-1 next to a broadcast mux. In other words,
if the mux is on 51 you can use one on 50, but not on 52.

If you use channels outside broadcast bear in mind that the new users
will be shoving all sorts of ****e down your aerial.

As always, when combining modulators and modulators and off-air, always
use single channel pass filters.

Old March 9th 17, 07:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_6_]

In message , Bill Wright
writes

They are OK for every second channel use but not adjacent. However you
can use them adjacent at ch-1 next to a broadcast mux. In other words,
if the mux is on 51 you can use one on 50, but not on 52.

IIRC from my experiments in the late 60s, provided you have no sound
6MHz sound carrier, and you are not restricted to using standard TV
channel frequencies, you can space DSB TV channels as close as around
10.4MHz compared with the usual 16MHz.
--
Ian
Old March 9th 17, 06:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Can any kind soul

That's me. I'm a kind soul.

provide a link to where I can find e-instructions for the

Vision V40-104 modulators?

also has anyone ever succeeded in using adjacent UHF channels with these DSB

modulators? Wondering if i can use UHF Chs 61, 63, 65 and 67 in addition?

Thank you in anticipation

Stephen

If your email address works you have mail. It's a bit crumpled.

Fabulous... I have recieved your email and printed it off.... It will help me enormously with the 5 v40-104s i have to date.

Also, I have a few of these spare because I'm in the process of
abandoning analogue CCTV distribution at home. I have disconnected ten
from the mains and reckon I will save about £60 per year in leccy.

replacing with DVB-T2 mods that can take 4 inputs by any chance? They are pricey...

Or are you abandoning analogue CCTV completely? How will you view the cameras on the lounge or bedroom TV sets?

They are OK for every second channel use but not adjacent. However you
can use them adjacent at ch-1 next to a broadcast mux. In other words,
if the mux is on 51 you can use one on 50, but not on 52.

I never knew that.... That's a useful piece of information.... Thats given me a few extra channels, 23 and 26 as one of my aerials is on Sandy Heath, and ch 38 between Sandy Heath and Sutton Coldfield.

If you use channels outside broadcast bear in mind that the new users
will be shoving all sorts of ****e down your aerial.

Already prepared for that... I have 4 Televes Avant 5s, two are used for processing the 4 TV aerials and the 3rd unit is for the CCTV modulators, and the 4th is a hot spare. (the four outputs are combined and then sent to a Triax multiswitch)

As always, when combining modulators and modulators and off-air, always
use single channel pass filters.

The Televes Avant 5 have 10 filters in it... :-) so with 4 of these, I have up to 40 filters available on tap

Old March 10th 17, 03:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 09/03/2017 19:04, wrote:

If your email address works you have mail. It's a bit crumpled.

Fabulous... I have recieved your email and printed it off.... It will help me enormously with
the 5 v40-104s i have to date.

Also, I have a few of these spare because I'm in the process of
abandoning analogue CCTV distribution at home. I have disconnected ten
from the mains and reckon I will save about £60 per year in leccy.

replacing with DVB-T2 mods that can take 4 inputs by any chance? They are pricey...

Eventually, but that would also need TVI to HDMI converters. Unless
someone brings out DVB T2 mods with TVI input.
I'm keeping one analogue channel for a while for the sake of the little
monitors I have scattered around. I mainly use the 16 screen matrix that
comes from the HDR. I'm more interested in recording the pictures than
looking at them.

Old March 10th 17, 11:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Bill, what about:

https://satlink-uk.com/products/satl...nt=12915790855

These can accept baseband video as well as HDMI....

Several versions available from 1 input up to 8 inputs.

Stephen.
Old March 11th 17, 03:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 11/03/2017 00:22, wrote:

Bill, what about:

https://satlink-uk.com/products/satl...nt=12915790855

These can accept baseband video as well as HDMI....

Several versions available from 1 input up to 8 inputs.

Stephen.

I wonder what it means by 'AV'. Does that include TVI?

Old March 11th 17, 10:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 04:58:29 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

https://satlink-uk.com/products/satl...nt=12915790855

These can accept baseband video as well as HDMI....

I wonder what it means by 'AV'.

Composite analogue video and unbalanced analogue audio (all on phono
connectors).

Does that include TVI?

No.
Old March 11th 17, 10:11 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 13:59:50 +0000 (GMT), Bob Latham
wrote:

Have you also noticed a number of these boxes claim to be HD and yet are
T1 not T2? I understand that the two things are not bonded together but in
this particular case I wonder if it is a misprint or a mistake.

Please don't tell me HD does not equal T2, I know! :-)

If you know that then why are you querying it? A T1 modulator is a much
simpler (and therefore cheaper) thing than a T2 modulator.

Assuming you can transmit HD over T1,

Of course you can. Why would you not be able to? It's all just data.

would TVs be able to cope with that?

Yes...

Even the ones without a T2 receiver and the decoders that you would need
for it?

....assuming they have an H.264 decoder. Obviously it isn't going to
work if the modulator is using an H.264 coder and the TV only has an
MPEG2 decoder.