Fed up with bells

Old March 1st 17, 07:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Default Fed up with bells

However I can see that a bell ringing channel is a serious omission from
Freeview and this needs to be sorted straight away.
Maybe it can share it with Morris Dancing train spotting and other similar
things on a rolling basis.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)

Old March 1st 17, 08:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 07:08:21 -0000, "Brian-Gaff"
wrote:

However I can see that a bell ringing channel is a serious omission from
Freeview and this needs to be sorted straight away.
Maybe it can share it with Morris Dancing train spotting and other similar
things on a rolling basis.

Brian

World service Bow Bells, do they count?

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old March 1st 17, 10:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

wrote:

However I can see that a bell ringing channel is a serious omission
from
Freeview and this needs to be sorted straight away.
Maybe it can share it with Morris Dancing train spotting and other
similar
things on a rolling basis.

Brian

World service Bow Bells, do they count?

--

Train spotting?
Rolling?

Oh dear.........

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old March 1st 17, 11:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 22:16:19 -0000, "Woody"
wrote:

.. .

Sheltered life. www.urbandictionary.com was needed for the latter.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old March 2nd 17, 10:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Actually just like there used to be audio and video titles of famous trains
passing by, these could surely fill many hours on a channel. I did actually
quite like those evenings a while back where it was just general sounds from
a trip and an area. I do have quite a few natural sound cds, and for the
new 4K tvs of huge sizes with surround sound I'd imagine it could be quite a
nice way to spend an evening.

"Graham." wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 22:16:19 -0000, "Woody"
wrote:

. ..

Old March 2nd 17, 10:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 10:12:05 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Do they still use that sound? World Service seems to have gone all trendy
recently, with multiple ethnic voices in an audio collage or something.

Brian

I was listening to Radio Peking, or whatever it's called now, RCI I
think, on the 49M band last night, and what a transformation!

Not a hint of the Chairman's latest 5-year plan for pig-iron
production. It all sounded quite Western.

I imagine they dropped their interval signal, "The East is Red" years
ago.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old March 2nd 17, 11:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 02/03/2017 10:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
Actually just like there used to be audio and video titles of famous trains
passing by, these could surely fill many hours on a channel.

When Classic FM was first starting up, they tested the broadcast
frequencies with bird songs.

I was quite sorry when they stopped doing that and played music instead.

Old March 2nd 17, 02:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Thu, 02 Mar 2017 11:26:45 +0000, Indy Jess John
wrote:

On 02/03/2017 10:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
Actually just like there used to be audio and video titles of famous trains
passing by, these could surely fill many hours on a channel.

When Classic FM was first starting up, they tested the broadcast
frequencies with bird songs.

I was quite sorry when they stopped doing that and played music instead.

Jim

ISTR that birdsong was used in early NICAM-728 test transmissions. Can
anyone confirm?

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%