Where can I find the frequency plan for post 700 MHz switchover?

Old February 27th 17, 05:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

Default Where can I find the frequency plan for post 700 MHz switchover?

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 06:57:50 +0000, Peter Crosland
wrote:

On 26/02/2017 22:07, wrote:
I have 4 TV aerials on my house, Sandy Heath, Oxford, Sutton Coldfield and Waltham.

Via a few Televes Avant 5's, I have combined all 4 aerials so all TVs get all four regions of ITV, BBC1, Oxford TV and 17 odd BBC local radio.

I know that all four transmitters will have some changes as part of the 700 MHz clearance programme, but where can I find the post 700 MHz clearance allocations?

A good place to start looking.

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/index.html

Not really - the last column represents the present day and OP is
asking about post 700 MHz clearance.
Old February 27th 17, 06:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On Monday, 27 February 2017 07:52:28 UTC, Woody wrote:
wrote in message
I have 4 TV aerials on my house, Sandy Heath, Oxford, Sutton
Coldfield and Waltham.

Via a few Televes Avant 5's, I have combined all 4 aerials so all
TVs get all four regions of ITV, BBC1, Oxford TV and 17 odd BBC
local radio.

I know that all four transmitters will have some changes as part of
the 700 MHz clearance programme, but where can I find the post 700
MHz clearance allocations?

Time was when such was a good idea, but given that the only
differences between the regions are the local news and Inside Out on
BBC, why bother?

because:

Oxford TV is not available on satellite
I get 17 BBC local radio which is not available on satellite
Not all of my TV's have access to freesat
its also a backup in case there are problems with the Freesat distribution system via my 5x32 multswitch
Old February 27th 17, 06:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On Monday, 27 February 2017 08:44:26 UTC, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Woody
writes

wrote in message
I have 4 TV aerials on my house, Sandy Heath, Oxford, Sutton
Coldfield and Waltham.

Via a few Televes Avant 5's, I have combined all 4 aerials so all
TVs get all four regions of ITV, BBC1, Oxford TV and 17 odd BBC
local radio.

I know that all four transmitters will have some changes as part of
the 700 MHz clearance programme, but where can I find the post 700
MHz clearance allocations?

Time was when such was a good idea, but given that the only
differences between the regions are the local news and Inside Out on
BBC, why bother?

And, of course, you can get all the different regions via satellite.

As for combining terrestrial aerials, how are you doing this? In the
days of analogue, simply using a wide spitter/combiner could (and, more
often, would) result in an unacceptable amount of multipath echoes. To
do it successfully, you had to ensure that each group of channels was
adequately filtered before the various frequencies were combined.
However, I suppose that digital may be more tolerant, and you might get
away with it.

if you read my original post, I alluded to using some Televes Avant 5's

I have 4 of these and each has 10 UHF filters which are tunable and have adjustable gain. So I was able to filter and equalise all the required muxes from all 4 transmitters.
Old February 27th 17, 09:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

wrote in message
[...]

Yes but how, for instance, can you watch more than one BBC mux? Agreed
the TV may ask you after tuning which region you want to watch but
thereafter the only way you can change that is to retune.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

All my freeview enabled TVs ask which region I wish to have on buttons 1 and 3. All the other BBC 1, ITV, ITV+1 and ITV HD all appear in from channel 800 upwards so switching between regions is easy peasy...

All the other BBC local radio stations appear in a similar fashion
Old February 28th 17, 07:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 28/02/2017 19:37, Graham. wrote:

I sometimes do things after I'm told I can't.

Do you defy the laws of man or those of physics?