Motorhome tv dead?

Old February 25th 17, 05:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_4_]

Default Motorhome tv dead?

charles wrote:
In article , Tim+ wrote:
Woody wrote:
To start with Black Hill does not serve the Peebles area, or it is not
supposed to. If you are receiving it then you must be somewhere well
up the side of Dunslair Heights. If you are lower down I suspect you
will be receiving Selkirk which does cover parts of Peebles. Black
Hill is roughly NW of the town centre in pretty well the same
direction as Peebles transmitter, Selkirk is roughly SE or ESE from
the town centre.

Well, we were using my wife's antenna finder app and certainly with the
aerial pointed in the appropriate direction for Black Hill, we were
getting a strong signal.

The problem didn't seem to be one of "lack of signal", just "lack of
ability to tune into anything".

The Peebles transmitter is about 2 miles NW of the town, VERTICALLY
polarised.

Well duh! it's hardly going to be anything as obvious as that with great
signal strength.

So, just before we left I gave it a whirl. Oops! Suddenly the TV is
working. Must have have been a transient fault. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old February 25th 17, 06:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message news
Cable from aerial to set?

Is the aerial an active one, power missing from that or its trashed due to
something or other?
Otherwise going home with the uinit and testing it is the only other course
I'd imagine.

Things do die due to spikes on the supply etc or just cost they feel like
it.

"Tim+" wrote in message
news
Our small Cello TV/DVD combo in our motorhome has always behaved perfectly
but today despite excellent signal strength from Black Hill (we're
currently parked up east of Peebles), a channel scan is producing zilch.

We have a Fringe UHF TV signal finder so we're pretty happy that we're
getting a good signal. It has worked in this location before. I'm
guessing
that vibration has done for something internally. Is there much prospect
for a repair? Worth opening it up myself and having a gander? Any common
faults to look for?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Currys 95 + parts. They have a 100% markup on parts and add 17.5% VAT on
top of all that.
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-repa...ommercial.html
Kenny