OT Euronews

Old February 13th 17, 10:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

Default OT Euronews

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
On Monday, 13 February 2017 16:30:51 UTC, Graham. wrote:
On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 07:28:24 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Monday, 13 February 2017 10:35:35 UTC, Dave W wrote:
semiretired wrote

Euronews is broadcast loud and clear at 28E
It has been removed from Freesat, as is well known.
Can anybody please explain why it does not tune in
under "other channels"?
Thanks in advance.

You'll need to specify what receiver you're using, as "other channels"
is
not a phrase used by every receiver under the sun as you seem to think.
It
tunes in perfectly well on my Humax Foxsat, but I have to go to
non-Freesat
mode to do it.
--
Dave W

Technomate TM-F3/5 has it.
Manhatten Plaza HD-52 does not.

The Manhattan is a Freesat receiver, so I did not expect to find
Euronews on its menu system, following the owners decision to
remove it.

It was my understanding that tuning "other channels" would access
anything else at 28E. To my surprise Euronews did not appear.

Don't you have to tune it in manually?
11.464GHz - Hor pol - SR=22000 FEC=5/6

Normally not most receivers should find it automatically if rescanned.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

I have an old Technosat non-Freesat receiver that has a built-in list of
channels to scan, but doesn't try any new ones unless I program it
specifically for a new one. For subsequent re-scans it includes it with the
rest. I wouldn't have thought that a receiver could look for new channels as
the number of combinations of frequency, orientation, and other parameters
must be enormous.
--
Dave W

Old February 14th 17, 11:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 07:28:24 -0800 (PST), semiretired wrote:
On Monday, 13 February 2017 10:35:35 UTC, Dave W wrote:
semiretired wrote

Euronews is broadcast loud and clear at 28E
It has been removed from Freesat, as is well known.
Can anybody please explain why it does not tune in
under "other channels"?
Thanks in advance.

You'll need to specify what receiver you're using, as
"other channels" is not a phrase used by every receiver
under the sun as you seem to think. It tunes in perfectly
well on my Humax Foxsat, but I have to go to non-Freesat
mode to do it.Dave W

Technomate TM-F3/5 has it.
Manhattan Plaza HD-52 does not.
The Manhattan is a Freesat receiver, so I did not expect to find
Euronews on its menu system, following the owners decision to
remove it.
It was my understanding that tuning "other channels" would access
anything else at 28E. To my surprise Euronews did not appear.

Don't you have to tune it in manually?
11.464GHz - Hor pol - SR=22000 FEC=5/6

Normally not most receivers should find it automatically if rescanned.

OK so let's ask if he is getting the other FTA services on the
transponder. eg. TV One, Nollywood Movies, Prime TV.

Thanks very much everybody.

I had totally lost sight of the fact that older receivers did
not have a blind scan feature.

For this recent receiver - modern enough to tune in automatically
to everything on Freesat, and modern enough to tune out of anything
no longer on Freesat - not to have the blind scan was inconceivable.

There did not appear to be a manual scan, but eventually I
found it hidden away.

So now I have Euronews on that set with all ten sound tracks.

Thanks again.

Incidentally the new majority shareholder is said to be Egytian
Old February 14th 17, 06:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

Does anyone know:

Do modern Sky boxes still have the "other channels" functionality, and
if so is it still as dumb as it used to be, requiring the transponder
parameters to be entered manually?

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old February 14th 17, 07:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Graham." wrote in message

Does anyone know:

Do modern Sky boxes still have the "other channels" functionality,
and
if so is it still as dumb as it used to be, requiring the
transponder
parameters to be entered manually?

--

Oh yes.