Humax HDR - 2000T

Old February 11th 17, 02:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

Default Humax HDR - 2000T

On 11/02/2017 14:00, Peter Duncanson wrote:
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 10:17:16 -0000, "Alaric"
wrote:
"Alaric" wrote in message news
I bought a refurbished Humax HDR 2000t from Amazon in October last year and
it has worked perfectly till about 2pm today. However, when I tried to use
it at about 6pm I got a picture but could not get it to work otherwise. I
cannot change channels nor can I initiate any other functions. I switched it
off at the mains plug, waited a bit and switched it back on but still
nothing. I changed the batteries on the remote but still nothing. Before I
get on to Amazon and ask for a replacement, can it be that I am missing a
trick somehow?

Helpful comments will be appreciated.

Thank you to all of you who have responded thus far. I do not have a mobile
phone with a camera so cannot undertake the tests suggested. As regards
other attempts to rectify the problem I have unplugged the power source and
the signal input for fifteen minutes. However, after that there was no
change. Using the buttons on the front of the box I am able to switch it on
and off and am able to change channels. However, using the remote with its
new batteries gets no response whatsoever. I sent a message yesterday to
HUMAX Support but have not as yet received a response. If the does not lead
to a successful outcome I shall then go back to Amazon.co.uk from whom the
box was purchased.

I'm not familiar with the Humax HDR - 2000T so I've had a look online.

One possibility is that the remote has been accidentally set to control
a TV rather than a PVR.

Or it could be switched to an alternative set of control codes, provided
to avoid clashes between two similar boxes.

--
Max Demian
Old February 11th 17, 02:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

wrote:
[...]

That is a possibility. However, Alaric said that things had been working
normally until they went wrong. Accidentally pressing the TV button,
perhaps when pressing the ON/OFF button next to it is a definite
possibility.

My remote for a Humav DHR-FOX T2 has 4 buttons: PVR, TV, DVD, AUDIO.
Ocassionally the wrong one will be touched by a finger or by a book or
something lying on top of it.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old February 11th 17, 02:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 14:43:23 +0000
Peter Duncanson wrote:

My remote for a Humav DHR-FOX T2 has 4 buttons: PVR, TV, DVD, AUDIO.
Ocassionally the wrong one will be touched by a finger or by a book or
something lying on top of it.

Our cat has been known to prefer a different channel to the one we
happen to be watching.

--
Davey.
Old February 11th 17, 04:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
T i m

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 09:09:17 +0000, Roderick Stewart
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 07:14:27 -0000 (UTC), Tim+
wrote:

A rudimentary way to test the remote, is to point your phone camera at
the lens and you should see the IR LED flash when you press the
buttons.

On a new phone that will almost certainly not work as they usually have IR
filters on the camera lens. BUT, if it also has a "selfie" camera you may
well find that this one will see IR.

It works with a Galaxy S7, which is fairly new. Both cameras.

+1 (as I did just that with the PVR-9150 remote on my S7 the other
day).

Cheers, T i m
Old February 11th 17, 05:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 11/02/2017 10:54, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 11/02/2017 10:17, Alaric wrote:

You don't need a camera on a phone, you just need a digital camera. If
you haven't got one, do you know a friend or relative who has?

Jim

Try the remote on one of those cameras in shops where they display the
picture.

Old February 11th 17, 06:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

wrote:

"Alaric" wrote in message news
I bought a refurbished Humax HDR 2000t from Amazon in October last year and
it has worked perfectly till about 2pm today. However, when I tried to use
it at about 6pm I got a picture but could not get it to work otherwise. I
cannot change channels nor can I initiate any other functions. I switched it
off at the mains plug, waited a bit and switched it back on but still
nothing. I changed the batteries on the remote but still nothing. Before I
get on to Amazon and ask for a replacement, can it be that I am missing a
trick somehow?

Helpful comments will be appreciated.

Alaric

[...]

This image of a remote for a Humax HDR - 2000T shows that it has three
buttons at the top: PVR, TV and ON/OFF.

Oops! Here's the link:
https://images.cdn.whathifi.com/site...dr2000t_09.jpg
or
http://tinyurl.com/gtzhme3

I suggest that you press the PVR button and then try again.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old February 12th 17, 12:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 17:21:34 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 11/02/2017 10:54, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 11/02/2017 10:17, Alaric wrote:

You don't need a camera on a phone, you just need a digital camera. If
you haven't got one, do you know a friend or relative who has?

Jim

Try the remote on one of those cameras in shops where they display the
picture.

Bill

And have a good story ready for the security guard.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old February 12th 17, 01:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

wrote:

On 11/02/2017 10:54, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 11/02/2017 10:17, Alaric wrote:

You don't need a camera on a phone, you just need a digital camera. If
you haven't got one, do you know a friend or relative who has?

Jim

Try the remote on one of those cameras in shops where they display the
picture.

Bill

And have a good story ready for the security guard.

"I'm just testing my remote."

Old February 12th 17, 08:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_4_]

wrote:

A rudimentary way to test the remote, is to point your phone camera at
the lens and you should see the IR LED flash when you press the
buttons.

On a new phone that will almost certainly not work as they usually have IR
filters on the camera lens. BUT, if it also has a "selfie" camera you may
well find that this one will see IR.

It works with a Galaxy S7, which is fairly new. Both cameras.

Rod.

Okay then, all new phones with *good* cameras. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old February 12th 17, 11:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 08:16:48 -0000 (UTC), Tim+
wrote:

A rudimentary way to test the remote, is to point your phone camera at
the lens and you should see the IR LED flash when you press the
buttons.

On a new phone that will almost certainly not work as they usually have IR
filters on the camera lens. BUT, if it also has a "selfie" camera you may
well find that this one will see IR.

It works with a Galaxy S7, which is fairly new. Both cameras.

Rod.

Okay then, all new phones with *good* cameras. ;-)

Tim

I thought the S7 camera was regarded as rather good. It's certainly
the best phone camera I've ever used. It's very quick to respond and
adjust automatically to a very large range of lighting conditions, and
the autofocus and auto exposure can be overridden just by touching the
relevant parts of the screen. It's not ideal for everything of course,
but probably suits the sort of general purpose photography most people
will want to do with it most of the time.

I believe the Galaxy Note 7 camera was very good too, though
apparently the flash was a bit overpowered...