Unforgotten

Old February 10th 17, 10:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pinnerite

Default Unforgotten

Yesterday evening, my wife and I had settled down to watch the final episode
of this serial drama.

Unfortunately, Mrs Pinnerite had 'pressed the wrong button' with the result
that for the first time we were listening to an audio accompaniment. It was
irritating at first. During the intervals we were feverishly trying to to
reverse the facility but didn't manage to so for quite some time.

However the delightfully measured tones in which the monologue was delivered
had us in hysterics when we proceeded to emulate while continuing with
ordinary domestic tasks.

On the other hand, for the visually impaired it is very well done. and must
be a terrific boon.

Old February 11th 17, 08:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Yes most of the time it is fine. However sometimes the narrator does get a
bit carried away and forgets that we need who has come in and what facial
expressions are and who has a gun drawn and instead describes in detail the
pattern of of a sofa or something like that. Often less is more on AD,
sometimes not, but its probably hard to judge on some content.

news

Old February 11th 17, 01:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 11/02/2017 09:16, Brian Gaff wrote:

Yes most of the time it is fine. However sometimes the narrator does get a
bit carried away and forgets that we need who has come in and what facial
expressions are and who has a gun drawn and instead describes in detail the
pattern of of a sofa or something like that. Often less is more on AD,
sometimes not, but its probably hard to judge on some content.

How does AD cope with the identities of people not introduced by name?
Often half a dozen characters are introduced in the first quarter hour
and we are expected to remember them (and what they do) when their
significance to the story becomes apparent (if it does).

--
Max Demian
Old February 11th 17, 09:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

That prompted the thought that Henry Blofeld as narrator would surely
result in something a bit different - such as a description of the
pigeon that's just landed on the fence beside the gunman or a comment
about the good view the passengers have from the top of the red bus
passing behind him

On 11/02/2017 09:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes most of the time it is fine. However sometimes the narrator does get a
bit carried away and forgets that we need who has come in and what facial
expressions are and who has a gun drawn and instead describes in detail the
pattern of of a sofa or something like that. Often less is more on AD,
sometimes not, but its probably hard to judge on some content.

Robin
Old February 13th 17, 11:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 11/02/2017 09:16, Brian Gaff wrote:

Yes most of the time it is fine. However sometimes the narrator does get
bit carried away and forgets that we need who has come in and what facial
expressions are and who has a gun drawn and instead describes in detail
the
pattern of of a sofa or something like that. Often less is more on AD,
sometimes not, but its probably hard to judge on some content.

How does AD cope with the identities of people not introduced by name?

sometimes you see subtitles prefixed with the name of the character, before
we have been introduced to that character

perhaps AD does the same thing