BBC1 Scheduling - Contempt for Viewers?

Old February 7th 17, 04:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Sam

Default BBC1 Scheduling - Contempt for Viewers?

On 07/02/2017 15:45, tim... wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
o.uk...

In this case particularly (a series made up of self contained stories),
I wouldn't get your 'pants in a twist. I'm sure it'll all work out right
in the end. You'll see/record all 15 episodes eventually, even if
there's
a week or four's gap somewhere in the sequence.

Each episode, unless a two part one, contains a "self contained" story
but there is also a back story.

only very very trivially

tim

In your opinion.

---

Old February 7th 17, 05:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Sam" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 07/02/2017 15:45, tim... wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
o.uk...

In this case particularly (a series made up of self contained
stories),
I wouldn't get your 'pants in a twist. I'm sure it'll all work out
right
in the end. You'll see/record all 15 episodes eventually, even if
there's
a week or four's gap somewhere in the sequence.

Each episode, unless a two part one, contains a "self contained" story
but there is also a back story.

only very very trivially

tim

In your opinion.

We are still talking about Father Brown, we haven't switched to something
else and I missed it?

OK then, what the **** is it?

It's not even like the supporting characters are the same each series.

Only Brown and the Housekeeper are the same. For the rest, we are now on
the third incarnation

And I don't recall seeing any behind the scenes relationships going on
between the main players :-)

tim

Old February 7th 17, 05:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Sam

On 07/02/2017 18:21, tim... wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 07/02/2017 15:45, tim... wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
[...]

You obviously haven't seen the series.

Cast Examples - thanks to IMDB:

Nancy Carroll as Lady Felicia in over 40 episodes.

Hugo Speer as Inspector Valentine in 11 episodes

Alex Price as Sid Carter in 42 episodes.

None of them a one off episode only appearanced.

---

Old February 7th 17, 06:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Sam" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 07/02/2017 18:21, tim... wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 07/02/2017 15:45, tim... wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
[...]

I've seen them all

None of them a one off episode only appearanced.

Eh?

tim

Old February 7th 17, 06:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 18:56:37 +0000, Sam wrote:

[...]

I've seen some of them, but have yet to see anything vaguely
reminiscent of anything written by G K Chesterton. They're quite
reasonable afternoon dramas in their own right, anodyne and not too
mentally taxing, but to describe them as "based on" the Father Brown
stories is wildly imaginative as absolutely the only thing in common
with the original is the central character's name. He's not really the
same character either. Nothing else about these programmes seems to
have anything to do with any of the original stories.

Old February 7th 17, 06:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Sam

On 07/02/2017 19:12, tim... wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 07/02/2017 18:21, tim... wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 07/02/2017 15:45, tim... wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
[...]

Re-phrase:

The characters listed appeared in more than one episode - contrary to
your statements:

"It's not even like the supporting characters are the same each series"

and

Old February 7th 17, 06:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Sam

On 07/02/2017 19:13, Roderick Stewart wrote:
[...]

Rod.

Agreed - they are not mentally taxing.We record them and watch during
our coffee slot!

---

Old February 7th 17, 10:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Monday, 6 February 2017 17:07:57 UTC, Scott wrote:
As a digression, they put 'Scotland 2106' on

Is that when we're having the next referendum?

Owain

Old February 7th 17, 10:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 07/02/2017 17:08, Sam wrote:

In your opinion.

Well of course 'in your opinion'. He wouldn't have said it otherwise
would he? And if it was a universally held opinion there would have been
no point in him saying it.

That's just my opinion of course.

Old February 8th 17, 06:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 15:00:28 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Monday, 6 February 2017 17:07:57 UTC, Scott wrote:
As a digression, they put 'Scotland 2106' on

Is that when we're having the next referendum?

I hope so :-) Well spotted.