700 MHz clearance starts March 1

Old February 10th 17, 03:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
UnsteadyKen[_6_]

Default 700 MHz clearance starts March 1

In article ,
lid says...
So like I said, lack of proper testing.

Yep, Firefox is a buggy piece of crap.

Digital UK works fine using a proper browser.

Old February 10th 17, 04:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 13:49:03 +0000, Java Jive wrote:

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 22:19:52 +0000, Robin wrote:

On 09/02/2017 18:10, Java Jive wrote:
snip
:-( Digital UK's website has been "mobile"-ised, and now
nothing works in the latest version of Firefox on a
conventional PC ...
Menu Button Top Right non-functional
Search button non-functional
No 'breadcrumb' path navigational aid
... so effectively there is no way of navigating the site!
Doesn't anybody ***TEST*** anything these days!

I'm not sure what you mean by "Menu Button Top Right" but the drop down
menus for Channels, Operations etc and the Search button work for me in
Firefox 51.0.1 (32 bit) in Windows 10 64 (with the site allowed in
NoScript).

Same version, Yesscript allowing the site, doesn't ask for Flash,
default theme but Classic Theme Restorer add-on - page shows
contents alright, but all menus, links, etc are dead.

It seems OK in the latest Cyberfox and Pale Moon except, perhaps, I can't
see any links to maps so I don't know if there is something missing.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old February 10th 17, 10:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 17:03:14 +0000, PeterC
wrote:

It seems OK in the latest Cyberfox and Pale Moon except, perhaps, I can't
see any links to maps so I don't know if there is something missing.

Probably those browsers are more tolerant of broken coding. Mine is
set up to debug development of my own site, so it is strict.

But as I said up thread, the answer to that is to fix the broken
coding, and before you can do that you have to find it by TESTING your
work adequately, which is where the problem so often lies - noone
seems to bother with it any more.

Does it work on the boss's PC? Yup! That's good enough! Next!
Old February 12th 17, 06:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 18:10:47 +0000, Java Jive
wrote:

On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 09:48:43 +0000, Mark Carver
wrote:

Nice of Ofcom et al to give plenty of notice (less than 4 weeks)
that many viewers' aerials will require replacement (at the viewer's
own expense ?).

That's bad, and is probably the most serious complaint

I make it that there are 454 transmitters to change in 4 years, which
is 100+ per year, or one every 2 or 3 days. There is no structured
information about this, for example, a schedule, anywhere that I can
find on the DUK website.

:-( Digital UK's website has been "mobile"-ised, and now
nothing works in the latest version of Firefox on a
conventional PC ...
Menu Button Top Right non-functional
Search button non-functional
No 'breadcrumb' path navigational aid
... so effectively there is no way of navigating the site!
Doesn't anybody ***TEST*** anything these days!

Seems to be working today. Perhaps someone who matters read my
grousing and fixed it (chance would be a fine thing)! Some pages
still have fairly small medium to light grey text on a white
background, though, hardly the most readable combination. Why does
nobody use black text on white background any more?

Consequent to the above, I have to find out where the current mux
details, such as DVB-T or DVB-T2, FCC, etc, are being kept.

Still a problem. Those who find my TV Calculator site useful have a
chance to influence things. How would it be most useful to flag
transmitters broadcasting one or more muxes on channels 50+? I can:

Either:
Populate a table, but it would be, well, at least 454 rows long,
which would slow loading time.

Or:
Colour the background in the transmitter selectors differently.
Easy to do, but some may prefer an actual list.

Or:
Both

Any opinions, or better ideas?