Stop the midwife

Old January 29th 17, 10:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Stop the midwife

Or whatever it's called.
Anyone watching it later, have a listen about 20 mins from the end. We
reckon there's a modern police siren in the background.

Old January 30th 17, 07:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
Or whatever it's called.
Anyone watching it later, have a listen about 20 mins from the end. We
reckon there's a modern police siren in the background.

Bill

That series was made recently.

Old January 30th 17, 11:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 08:03:19 -0000, "Phi" wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
Or whatever it's called.
Anyone watching it later, have a listen about 20 mins from the end. We
reckon there's a modern police siren in the background.

Bill

That series was made recently.

You can tell because there's more than 405 lines ;-)

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old January 30th 17, 03:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

wrote in message news
On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 14:58:31 +0100
Martin wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 12:44:01 +0000, wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 23:16:19 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

Or whatever it's called.
Anyone watching it later, have a listen about 20 mins from the end. We
reckon there's a modern police siren in the background.

Bill

In revamping the title sequence to bring them more up to date
someone has been busy adding colour to some of the former BW photos.
I will need to look again to be sure but I'm fairly sure the Funnel
Colours for the ship at the end of the street which was the Dominion
Monarch are wrong.
Anyhow even if I'm wrong about the colours the ship by 1962 the ship
had left London never to return.

but nothing compared to what was presented as a 1960s computer in an
episode of
the current series of Endeavour.

A circa 1982 Racal comms recorder IIRC. No doubt the props dept is run by
bunch of millenials for whom anything prior to 1990 is ancient history so
didn't appreciate the advancement in technology through the 1970s. Or
didn't
care.

Well I think that they can be forgiven for not being able to manage props
with the appropriate hardware (or something that approached it anyways).

But not for the ridiculous plot line that relied upon computation capability
light years ahead of what was actually possible in 1960.

tim

Old January 30th 17, 03:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Bill will like this..................

To anyone who reads the Sunday Times, particularly the 'You Say'
section of the Culture magazine will know what I mean when I refer to
this thread as a 'Routemaster Moment.'

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old January 30th 17, 04:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

They could have at least tried to mock something up tho.

But not for the ridiculous plot line that relied upon computation capability
light years ahead of what was actually possible in 1960.

It reminded me of the dire 70s (or 80s, I forget) Columbo episode where robby
the robot made an appearance and the audience were supposed to take it being
sentient seriously. I imagine Peter Falk must have been dying inside when he
did that one.

--
Spud