Pointless BBC Scheduling

Old January 18th 17, 04:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Pointless BBC Scheduling

Ah thus confirming what I've always thought. Scheduling consists of tossing
a whole series up in the air and running them as they fall to earth.
meanwhile the team adjoined to the pub.

Is this series not made by a company with a name that sounds like a headache
pill in any case?

"John Hall" wrote in message
On Monday the BBC screened the 1,000th episode of Pointless. It clearly
wasn't a last minute decision, as it was billed as the 1,000th in the
weekly TV guide that is bundled with my newspaper on Saturdays and which
is printed a week or two in advance. Yesterday the BBC showed what Richard
Osman said was the 998th episode, making a big thing about the upcoming
1000th. On Friday the BBC had shown what must have been episode 997, as
some of the contestants survived to appear in yesterday's show. So the
order was 997, 1000, 998. Presumably we will see 999 today.

Why on Earth would the BBC do that? Why couldn't they have shown the
episodes in order: 998 on Monday, 999 on Tuesday and 1,000 today? All the
episodes are prerecorded, so they were able to show them in whatever order
they chose. Pointless indeed!
--
John Hall
"One can certainly imagine the myriad of uses

Old January 18th 17, 07:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:05:28 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Is this series not made by a company with a name that sounds like a headache
pill in any case?

The only TV company I can think of with a medicinal sounding name is
Endemol. Is that the one you mean? If so, your opinion is your own of
course, but I've always thought it sounded more like a laxative.