Are Lidl still doing sat dish + tuner offers?

Old January 17th 17, 10:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

Default Are Lidl still doing sat dish + tuner offers?

As per subject. I've tried searching their site, but unfortunately
it's the usual over-engineered, under-tested pile of sh*te - for
example ...

You can search for stores within a given radius of your postcode, six
stores came up for me. You follow the link for the first one to find
what's on offer. No sat dish, so you click 'back', but now the search
page has lost the f*king postcode (yet mysteriously kept the radius)
so you have to start from scratch again.

This time, to keep the results of your search, you choose rt-click
on the store that you want to check, and choose "Open link in new
tab", but then the page doesn't load, and you're thrown back to the
search page, of course with the postcode blank again.

Let's take all the pro web-designers out and shoot them, and retrain a
new bunch from scratch, the result couldn't be any worse, and would
probably be a lot better!
Old January 18th 17, 07:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I could not agree more. its called the click away syndrome and loses some
companies billions each year.
If somebody finds the site hard to use then they simply go elsewhere and
never come back again.

Old January 18th 17, 08:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Java Jive wrote:

Are Lidl still doing sat dish + tuner offers?

Not seen them as "specials" recently, they seem to sell them permanently
in Germany, so might be the sort of item they sell here once a year or
so ...

Old January 18th 17, 09:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

--

Aldi and Lidl offers both seem to come along on a year long cycle. One used to be able to see past offers on their web site and so work out when they would reappear, but the delete old pages now. OTOH Google may know about them and you could view cached pages.

As it happens street prices for dishes and tuners are not dissimilar to Lidl's, so IMO no need to wait for them the come around again.

OTOH small kitchen appliances are worth waiting for as they cost the same as / less than base models from Currys & c., but are higher spec and have a 3 year as opposed to 1 year warranty.

PS if you think Lidl site is bad, try and find something on government ones....
Old January 18th 17, 04:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

No they post replies to people who do that but you seem to have missed the
fact that we are now in the era of that stupidly named thing, the smart tv.
Its even worse trying to use some web sites on those and of course they are
digital TVS.

"UnsteadyKen" wrote in message
t...
In article ,

says...
If somebody finds the site hard to use then they simply go elsewhere and
never come back again

Sadly they don't Brian. What they do is post off topic demented rants in
an inappropriate newsgroup.

Old January 18th 17, 04:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"Java Jive" wrote in message
[...]

I've found that Lidl special offers are the same whichever store you select,
so don't bother. A satellite dish would only be available for 2 weeks at
most, so all you can do is look at their special offers by date on the
website, up to a week in advance, changing on Thursdays and Sundays (was
Mondays but they've changed to be the same as Aldi). That dish was long ago.

Their website is a damn sight better than the horrendous Maplin!
--
Dave W

Old January 18th 17, 05:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:47:10 -0000, "Dave W"
wrote:

"Java Jive" wrote in message
As per subject. I've tried searching their site, but unfortunately
it's the usual over-engineered, under-tested pile of sh*te - for
example ...
[snip]

I've found that Lidl special offers are the same whichever store you select,
so don't bother. A satellite dish would only be available for 2 weeks at
most, so all you can do is look at their special offers by date on the
website, up to a week in advance, changing on Thursdays and Sundays (was
Mondays but they've changed to be the same as Aldi). That dish was long ago.

Their website is a damn sight better than the horrendous Maplin!

Thanks for the useful information

However, I'm not sure why my sig is quoted in your reply - although
it has happened in the past, I don't think there's anything wrong with
my sig this time, so I suspect that you have some sort of fault in
your newsgroup software.
Old January 18th 17, 06:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:02:32 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

we are now in the era of that stupidly named thing, the smart tv.

They're smart, but they're slow. Presumably it takes longer to build
the standard functions of a computer into the circuitry of a TV set,
and keep them up to date, than to keep a computer up to date. It makes
you wonder why they bother. Much simpler to use an external box, then
even if the software has been updated as much as possible so no more
improvements can be made without replacing the circuitry itself,
there's much less to replace.

Old January 18th 17, 09:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"Java Jive" wrote in message
news

Thanks for the useful information

However, I'm not sure why my sig is quoted in your reply - although
it has happened in the past, I don't think there's anything wrong with
my sig this time, so I suspect that you have some sort of fault in
your newsgroup software.
--

I'm only using Outlook Express. If I include messages in my reply, which is
preferable in a newsgroup, and reply below the message, it doesn't strip off

I used to use Free Agent, but now can't be bothered as OE is good enough for
me.
--
Dave W