Are Lidl still doing sat dish + tuner offers?

Old January 19th 17, 10:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

Default Are Lidl still doing sat dish + tuner offers?

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 11:34:29 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 22:00:20 -0000, "Dave W" wrote:

"Java Jive" wrote in message
news

However, I'm not sure why my sig is quoted in your reply - although
it has happened in the past, I don't think there's anything wrong with
my sig this time, so I suspect that you have some sort of fault in
your newsgroup software.

I'm only using Outlook Express. If I include messages in my reply, which is
preferable in a newsgroup, and reply below the message, it doesn't strip off
signatures.

I'm not convinced this is true. Although I don't use it anymore, I
still have OE installed so that I can search old posts, and have just
checked a number at random, and not one containing a quote from a
previous mail also contained the previous mail's sig. You might care
to investigate your OE settings.

I used to use Free Agent, but now can't be bothered as OE is good enough for
me.

other than the problem you have with sig.s :-)

Quite. It sounds like a return to Free Agent might be a good idea.

Although it might appear to be pointless nit-picking to complain about
a sig being left in the main text of a post responding to and
including a quoted post, failing to remove sigs in that situation can
cause problems further down the thread when people reply to a such a
post - their reply can be treated as all signature from the
spuriously included sig onwards, then when another person replies to
that post with software that correctly strips out sigs, half the
original contents have mysteriously gone missing.
Old January 19th 17, 12:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

wrote:

"Java Jive" wrote in message
[...]

OK, point taken. Although usually a '' or something is in front of the '--
' in the quote, making the sig indicator ineffective in future replies.

In future I will strip out sigs manually. I stopped using Free Agent to save
me having to change handlers between newsgroups and email. I can live with
the danger of sending personal emails to newsgroups.
--
Dave W

Old January 19th 17, 04:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 23:15:00 +0000, Java Jive wrote:

As per subject. I've tried searching their site, but unfortunately it's
the usual over-engineered, under-tested pile of sh*te - for example

You can search for stores within a given radius of your postcode, six
stores came up for me. You follow the link for the first one to find
what's on offer. No sat dish, so you click 'back', but now the search
page has lost the f*king postcode (yet mysteriously kept the radius) so
you have to start from scratch again.

This time, to keep the results of your search, you choose rt-click on
the store that you want to check, and choose "Open link in new tab", but
then the page doesn't load, and you're thrown back to the search page,
of course with the postcode blank again.

Let's take all the pro web-designers out and shoot them, and retrain a
new bunch from scratch, the result couldn't be any worse, and would
probably be a lot better!

Noting that the one time I bought one I took it back because it didn't
have FreeSat so the viewing guide was not particularly friendly.

Although I haven't looked recently I suspect most of the cheap one require
you to spend some time manually shuffling channels until you get more or
less what you want.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old January 20th 17, 09:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]

Let's take all the pro web-designers out and shoot them, and retrain a
new bunch from scratch, the result couldn't be any worse, and would
probably be a lot better!

Guaranteed to be *much* better if the "Fresh Meat" knew how the current
job vacancies had become available. :-)

--
Johnny B Good