Sherlock

Old January 16th 17, 10:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

Default Sherlock

Does anyone share my view that the the scriptwriters followed the
story more accurately, there be be no market for 'spoilers'?
Old January 16th 17, 04:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"Scott" wrote in message
Does anyone share my view that the the scriptwriters followed the
story more accurately, there be be no market for 'spoilers'?

More accurately your first "the" should be "if" and your first "be" should
be "would". Scriptwriters create the story, not follow it.

I missed the final episode so might view it on catch-up. I hope it contained
nothing like that ridiculous bit where time is slowed down while an enormous
bullet floats towards its target, but the woman throws herself in front of
it to save Sherlock. It is impossible for anybody to decide to throw
themselves in front af a bullet once it's been fired.
--
Dave W

Old January 16th 17, 05:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I cannot stand the show myself. its really stupid but then I am who I am .

Old January 16th 17, 06:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 17:41:46 -0000, "Dave W"
wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message
.. .
Does anyone share my view that the the scriptwriters followed the
story more accurately, there be be no market for 'spoilers'?

More accurately your first "the" should be "if" and your first "be" should
be "would". Scriptwriters create the story, not follow it.

I don't think I would qualify for a job as a proof-reader, let alone a
scriptwriter. You are of course correct..

What I meant to say was that Conan Doyle 'created' the story and had
the present scriptwriters followed that creation more closely there
would be no place for spoilers since one could refer to the original.

I missed the final episode so might view it on catch-up. I hope it contained
nothing like that ridiculous bit where time is slowed down while an enormous
bullet floats towards its target, but the woman throws herself in front of
it to save Sherlock. It is impossible for anybody to decide to throw
themselves in front af a bullet once it's been fired.

It is for reasons like this I have gone off the programme, which I
very much liked at the start. I see it as a parallel with Dr Who
which has also been transformed from story to an art form. Steven
Moffat is involved in that too of course.
Old January 20th 17, 09:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 19:29:56 +0000, Scott wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 17:41:46 -0000, "Dave W"
wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

As well as the Dr Who spin off, "Class" which suddenly appeared in the
listings just over a week ago. I've get_iplayered the first (three)
episodes just out of idle curiousity (well it's impossible to undelete
stuff you never recorded in the first place - if in doubt, record it!)
and it smacks so strongly of Moffat's influence it hurts! :-(

TBH, if you enjoy school based "science" fantasy serials, I highly
recommend the wonderfully surreal but biting "Strange Hill High"
currently being aired on a daily basis on CBBC. It's much better than
that Steve Moffat tosh just mentioned. :-)

--
Johnny B Good