TV wall brackets - possibly dumb question

Old January 14th 17, 01:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

Default TV wall brackets - possibly dumb question

Do the screws which fix the TV to the bracket usually come with the
bracket or the TV?

Trading in our camper, but keeping the TV, and not sure if the screws go
with the bracket or stay with the TV.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old January 14th 17, 02:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

David wrote:

Do the screws which fix the TV to the bracket usually come with the
bracket or the TV?

Mine have always come with the brackets

Old January 14th 17, 04:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

"Andy Burns" wrote in message ...

David wrote:

Do the screws which fix the TV to the bracket usually come with the
bracket or the TV?

Mine have always come with the brackets

The bracket should come with a selection of screws and spacers to suit
different TV's.

Kenny

Old January 14th 17, 04:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 17:08:37 +0000, Kenny wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message ...

David wrote:

Do the screws which fix the TV to the bracket usually come with the
bracket or the TV?

Mine have always come with the brackets

The bracket should come with a selection of screws and spacers to suit
different TV's.

Kenny

Thanks to all.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old January 14th 17, 07:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger Mills[_2_]

On 14/01/2017 14:56, David wrote:
Do the screws which fix the TV to the bracket usually come with the
bracket or the TV?

Trading in our camper, but keeping the TV, and not sure if the screws go
with the bracket or stay with the TV.

Cheers

Dave R

As others have said, they come with the bracket. But most brackets are
supplied with a selection of screws of different diameters and length
because TVs have many different fixing setups.

So, if if the new owner of the camper gets your screws, there's no
guarantee that they'll fit his TV - unless you pass on *all* the screws
and spacers which originally came with the bracket. So I wouldn't bother
- leave the new owner to source some suitable screws.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old January 14th 17, 09:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

On 14/01/2017 20:43, Roger Mills wrote:
On 14/01/2017 14:56, David wrote:
Do the screws which fix the TV to the bracket usually come with the
bracket or the TV?

Trading in our camper, but keeping the TV, and not sure if the screws go
with the bracket or stay with the TV.

Cheers

Dave R

As others have said, they come with the bracket. But most brackets are
supplied with a selection of screws of different diameters and length
because TVs have many different fixing setups.

So, if if the new owner of the camper gets your screws, there's no
guarantee that they'll fit his TV - unless you pass on *all* the screws
and spacers which originally came with the bracket. So I wouldn't bother
- leave the new owner to source some suitable screws.

My new Samsung came with parts for use with the bracket.

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid
Old January 15th 17, 07:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 14/01/17 22:46, Peter Crosland wrote:

My new Samsung came with parts for use with the bracket.

Probably not only screws. Some of the thinner TVs are supplied with
depth spacers to give standard bracket kits something substantial to
mount to.

Screw protrusions in the visible side of the display to avoided at all
costs!

--
Adrian C