Query about Slingboxes, HDMI, component video & Humax

Old January 13th 17, 01:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_4_]

Default Query about Slingboxes, HDMI, component video & Humax

We bought a Slingbox the other day. Seemed like a good idea at the time as
we're probably going to be in France this summer during the Tour de France
and thought it would be nice to watch the commentary and recordings on U.K.
television from our Humax HDR Fox T2.

It was only when I looked at the back of the Slingbox and noticed the
absence of an HDMI input that I realised that we'd be limited to the
composite video output from the Humax.

Now I realise that as HDMI is encrypted Slingbox can't legally retransmit
it over the net. The Slingbox does have component inputs though and a
quick internet search suggests the HDMI to component adapters do exist
(legally or otherwise, I don't care).

So, would something like this improve our Slingbox viewing pleasure? Do
they actually work? Presumably they have to decrypt the HDMI signal? It
may be that they legally produce a composite signal which is then converted
to component. If this is the case clearly I would gain nothing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-to-RG...25.m3641.l6368

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls