Remotes

Old January 9th 17, 10:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Default Remotes

I have recently acquired a Humax Freesat HB1000S and a HDR-FoxT2 PVR.
They are in the same room and their remotes interact.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this problem or will I have
to swap my sat Rx back to a Sky multi-room box?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old January 9th 17, 10:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:18:50 -0000
"Woody" wrote:

I have recently acquired a Humax Freesat HB1000S and a HDR-FoxT2 PVR.
They are in the same room and their remotes interact.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this problem or will I have
to swap my sat Rx back to a Sky multi-room box?

Have you asked Humax?

Or:

A quick Search produced this as the first suggestion:

"Humax normally allow up to 6 different remove code settings (1-6) for
their PVRS to overcome such circumstances. (snip)

So

Switch OFF the power to your Humax YouView box
Power ON your Humax Freeview / Freesat box
Using your Humax Freeview / Freesat remote control press number "0"
and "OK" at the same time for 10 seconds When the PVR light at the
top of the remote control stays lit, a message will also appear on
your TV screen about changing the remote control code Press "2" to
change the remote control code Your remotes will now control the
correct box."

--
Davey.
Old January 9th 17, 11:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Davey" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:18:50 -0000
"Woody" wrote:

[...]

Strange that. I had a dig around the Humax site and couldn't find
anything. I suppose its the usual problem of asking the right question
in the first place!

Many thanks.

Old January 9th 17, 02:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 12:37:15 -0000
"Woody" wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:18:50 -0000
"Woody" wrote:

[...]

I might have inadvertently misled you: The Search was on the web, not
the Humax site.
It was:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-...h/td-p/1222487

--
Davey.
Old January 9th 17, 03:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Davey" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 12:37:15 -0000
"Woody" wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:18:50 -0000
"Woody" wrote:

[...]

No matter, I've done it and it worked.

Old January 9th 17, 07:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 09/01/2017 17:54, Brian Gaff wrote:
I don't know of one myself. Seems a bit short sighted of somebody,
considering the number of codes available.

I think the problem is historical. The original Humax boxes (9300,
9200, 9150) all responded to the same code. I had a 9300 and bought a
9150 and when both answered to either remote I e-mailed Humax and the
response was along the lines that "they do and there is nothing you can
do about it". I solve the problem by manually switching the one I want
to talk to out of standby so that only it responds to my use of the
remote (provided I don't use the Standby button on the remote.

Clearly plenty of other customers had complained and it finally dawned
on Humax that it wasn't unusual for someone to have more than one PVR.
The later models (eg 1000S and FoxT2) therefore had the concept of
different channels for separating which machine the remote talked to.

They didn't retrospectively apply that solution to the earlier models
though.

Old January 9th 17, 08:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:27:23 +0000, Davey wrote:

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:18:50 -0000
"Woody" wrote:

[...]

I've used the latter. I've also posted, here, how to do it several times.

The current Humax remote controls seem to have a short life. One bought in
summer already has two buttons that no longer work.

I wear out a lot of right arrow buttons by searching the EPG for things to
record.

You can bodge them, but its very fiddly to get just right. Use a scalpel to
cut a sliver of the black rubber from a scrap button pad, take a sliver off
the button dot that needs repair and glue the replacement sliver on with
RTV. A knackered button dot looks more or less normal - just a little
shinier than the others.

Sometimes cleaning the contact tracks on the PCB helps. You have to be dead
careful - many use printed on carbon bridging tracks to complete the
convoluted circuits. most solvents will wash those off, then the PCB is a
write off - I use W5 glass cleaner from Lidl, just a small squirt on a
cleaning cloth to rub the contact pads.

Old January 10th 17, 10:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 09/01/2017 17:54, Brian Gaff wrote:
I don't know of one myself. Seems a bit short sighted of somebody,
considering the number of codes available.

I think the problem is historical. The original Humax boxes (9300, 9200,
9150) all responded to the same code. I had a 9300 and bought a 9150 and
when both answered to either remote I e-mailed Humax and the response was
along the lines that "they do and there is nothing you can do about it".
I solve the problem by manually switching the one I want to talk to out of
standby so that only it responds to my use of the remote (provided I don't
use the Standby button on the remote.

that doesn't work

my box comes out of standby if you press any of the "number" buttons

tim