Urgent police request for Samsung 42" rear projection televisons,functionality does not matter for house fire reconstruction

Old January 7th 17, 07:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Urgent police request for Samsung 42" rear projection televisons,functionality does not matter for house fire reconstruction

Hi,
West Yorkshire police urgently need a particular 42" Samsung rear projection television, working or not for a house fire reconstruction.

As part of their investigation, detectives want to recreate what happened but need a specific Samsung TV.

They are appealing for one of the following 42in rear projection TV sets to be donated: HCM4216W, HCM4216H, HCM4215W, HCM422W or SP42W5HF.

Anyone who can help, or knows where one of these TVs can be found, is asked to contact Det Con Emma Forber or Det Con Simon Thomas at Kirklees CID on 101 quoting reference number 13160075908.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-...olice-12417659

Old January 8th 17, 11:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 08/01/2017 12:05, Brian Gaff wrote:
How strange. I would not donate one if I had one they might set fire to it!
This sounds like it might be a good brownie point earner for Samsung
themselves.

I assume the Fuzz have contacted Samsung, I'd be amazed if a company of
that size can't assist them !

--
Mark
Old January 8th 17, 11:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Saturday, 7 January 2017 20:34:25 UTC, wrote:
Hi,
West Yorkshire police urgently need a particular 42" Samsung rear projection television, working or not for a house fire reconstruction.

As part of their investigation, detectives want to recreate what happened but need a specific Samsung TV.

They are appealing for one of the following 42in rear projection TV sets to be donated: HCM4216W, HCM4216H, HCM4215W, HCM422W or SP42W5HF.

Anyone who can help, or knows where one of these TVs can be found, is asked to contact Det Con Emma Forber or Det Con Simon Thomas at Kirklees CID on 101 quoting reference number 13160075908.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-...olice-12417659

Don't projector TV's have a fairly powerful lamp in them?

If a cloth fell on the TV blocking ventilation it would overheat and possibly catch fire.
Old January 8th 17, 11:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 08/01/2017 12:05, Brian Gaff wrote:
How strange. I would not donate one if I had one they might set fire to
it!
This sounds like it might be a good brownie point earner for Samsung
themselves.

I assume the Fuzz have contacted Samsung, I'd be amazed if a company of
that size can't assist them !

well it is Samsung!

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/e...eplace-it.html

"Why was Samsung so reluctant to speak to me? Perhaps it fears that if it is
seen behaving decently to one customer then others might expect it to behave
decently when they have problems.

Well, Samsung, let me explain: That is exactly what customer service is
about. It is how you enhance your reputation."

Tim

Old January 8th 17, 01:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 08/01/2017 12:05, Brian Gaff wrote:
How strange. I would not donate one if I had one they might set
fire to it!
This sounds like it might be a good brownie point earner for
Samsung
themselves.

I assume the Fuzz have contacted Samsung, I'd be amazed if a
company of that size can't assist them !

well it is Samsung!

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/e...eplace-it.html

"Why was Samsung so reluctant to speak to me? Perhaps it fears that
if it is seen behaving decently to one customer then others might
expect it to behave decently when they have problems.

Well, Samsung, let me explain: That is exactly what customer service
is about. It is how you enhance your reputation."

Absolutely typical I'm afraid.

When will people learn that their contract is with the retailer, not
the manufacturer. If they had taken it back to the supplier it would
probably have been resolved within a month if not much less - but the
man from the Mail survives on not giving them that info and keeps his
job.

D'oh!

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old January 8th 17, 02:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

On 08/01/2017 12:21, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Saturday, 7 January 2017 20:34:25 UTC, wrote:
Hi,
West Yorkshire police urgently need a particular 42" Samsung rear projection television, working or not for a house fire reconstruction.

As part of their investigation, detectives want to recreate what happened but need a specific Samsung TV.

They are appealing for one of the following 42in rear projection TV sets to be donated: HCM4216W, HCM4216H, HCM4215W, HCM422W or SP42W5HF.

Anyone who can help, or knows where one of these TVs can be found, is asked to contact Det Con Emma Forber or Det Con Simon Thomas at Kirklees CID on 101 quoting reference number 13160075908.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-...olice-12417659

Don't projector TV's have a fairly powerful lamp in them?

If a cloth fell on the TV blocking ventilation it would overheat and possibly catch fire.

Police are quoted as saying:

"“We’re not suggesting in any way that the TV was at fault. It’s just
about whether in rented properties there are appropriate fire alarms in
place and, if they were fitted, what effect it would have.”

see
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/exact-replica-of-huddersfield-fatal-fire-house-built-as-detectives-test-new-legislation-1-8322046

--
Robin
Old January 8th 17, 04:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 08/01/2017 12:17, Mark Carver wrote:
On 08/01/2017 12:05, Brian Gaff wrote:
How strange. I would not donate one if I had one they might set fire
to it!
This sounds like it might be a good brownie point earner for Samsung
themselves.

I assume the Fuzz have contacted Samsung, I'd be amazed if a company of
that size can't assist them !

The size of a company is in inverse proportion to its willingness to
offer help.

Old January 8th 17, 05:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 04:21:38 -0800 (PST), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

On Saturday, 7 January 2017 20:34:25 UTC, wrote:
Hi,
West Yorkshire police urgently need a particular 42" Samsung rear projection television, working or not for a house fire reconstruction.

As part of their investigation, detectives want to recreate what happened but need a specific Samsung TV.

They are appealing for one of the following 42in rear projection TV sets to be donated: HCM4216W, HCM4216H, HCM4215W, HCM422W or SP42W5HF.

Anyone who can help, or knows where one of these TVs can be found, is asked to contact Det Con Emma Forber or Det Con Simon Thomas at Kirklees CID on 101 quoting reference number 13160075908.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-...olice-12417659

Don't projector TV's have a fairly powerful lamp in them?

If a cloth fell on the TV blocking ventilation it would overheat and possibly catch fire.

Metal halide. I had to source one about 14 years ago. The most
expensive bulb I am ever likely to handle.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old January 8th 17, 05:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

wrote in message
Hi,
West Yorkshire police urgently need a particular 42" Samsung rear
projection television, working or not for a house fire reconstruction.

As part of their investigation, detectives want to recreate what happened
but need a specific Samsung TV.

They are appealing for one of the following 42in rear projection TV sets
to be donated: HCM4216W, HCM4216H, HCM4215W, HCM422W or SP42W5HF.

Anyone who can help, or knows where one of these TVs can be found, is
asked to contact Det Con Emma Forber or Det Con Simon Thomas at Kirklees
CID on 101 quoting reference number 13160075908.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-...olice-12417659

sci.electrinics.repair is a group where you might find someone that just
happens to have one gathering dust at the back of the workshop.

But its not a UK only group - so a small % of any replies will be relevant.

There's various free recycling groups like Freegle and Freecycle - if you
have time to sign up with each one and post a "wanted".

eBay might be a better option.