Underwater tv

Old January 6th 17, 02:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Underwater tv

On 05/01/2017 22:34, David Woolley wrote:
On 04/01/17 23:04, Bill Wright wrote:
Since EM waves/particles travel in a vacuum it appears that don't need a
medium. Why then would they be slower in a medium, and stopped by some
media?

Because they are hopping from electron to electron.

Why do they do that if they can travel through a vacuum?

Old January 6th 17, 05:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 19:01:23 -0000 (UTC), Tim+

I remember that demo, ISTR that the manufacturers representative
held
the drill in his hand as it was plunged into what was probably a
large
aquarium. I have always wondered under what name the product was
sold
and if it is still around.

G.Harman

WD40?

No, WD 40 was formulated in the early 1950's and though it might
have
taken a bit longer to reach the UK market it was well established by
the time of the Demo on TW though whatever the product was would
appear to be in competition for some of the WD40 market.
A long term memory that may have suffered from time seems to recall
the TW presenter describing the substance as something "that
absolutely hates water".
Ahh just found this on the WWW which refers to it.
http://tinyurl.com/j8q3cle
Could have sworn it was longer ago than 1990.

Ah, memories.......

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old January 6th 17, 06:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 19:01:23 -0000 (UTC), Tim+

I remember that demo, ISTR that the manufacturers representative held
the drill in his hand as it was plunged into what was probably a large
aquarium. I have always wondered under what name the product was sold
and if it is still around.

G.Harman

WD40?

No, WD 40 was formulated in the early 1950's and though it might have
taken a bit longer to reach the UK market

Plus Gas was around at about the same time.