Bloomin digital.

Old January 2nd 17, 11:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Bloomin digital.

According to a friend of mine he is cursing dab and freeview radio as
neither of them is in sync with his fm radio, which I told him did not
surprise me as two computers on the same internet feed can seemingly be over
half a minute out of register. It rather brought up the idea of when the
year started into perspective. It was all over the place, so it seems to me
that one of the major issues nowadays is that even if all the radios on a
building site are tuned to the same channel the effect is almost like
amixture of the Albert hall and some kind of alpine echo.

I suppose in time all the outputs will somehow be delayed too agree with the
most delayed one but its still somehow wrong to my mind.

Old January 2nd 17, 02:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

Perhaps all future DAB and Internet radios should be fitted with a delay
control on the set.

news

Old January 2nd 17, 03:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

Better still, one day somebody might invent something they'll call
"analogue radio" which will have no audible delay at all, and they'll
market the system as something new.

Rod.

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 15:56:38 -0000, "Phi" wrote:

Perhaps all future DAB and Internet radios should be fitted with a delay
control on the set.

news

Old January 2nd 17, 05:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Green

Roderick Stewart wrote:
Better still, one day somebody might invent something they'll call
"analogue radio" which will have no audible delay at all, and they'll
market the system as something new.

Absolutely! :-)

However it seems to me surprising that everyone is so astonished by
the DAB/Internet radio delay, they've always been that way, it's
hardly a new phenomenon.

--
Chris Green
·
Old January 2nd 17, 05:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
According to a friend of mine he is cursing dab and freeview radio as
neither of them is in sync with his fm radio, which I told him did not
surprise me as two computers on the same internet feed can seemingly be
over half a minute out of register.

He can easily download the following and keep them in sync.

http://www.timesynctool.com/

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid
Old January 2nd 17, 08:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
According to a friend of mine he is cursing dab and freeview radio as
neither of them is in sync with his fm radio, which I told him did not
surprise me as two computers on the same internet feed can seemingly be
over half a minute out of register.

The DAB station I was listening to transmitted the new year chimes 3 minutes
late according to the MSF60 clock.

Old January 2nd 17, 08:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Phi" wrote in message
news
Perhaps all future DAB and Internet radios should be fitted with a delay
control on the set.

You'd actually need a future adjustment on DAB radios - or retro-fit the
delay on all the analogue radios so DAB can catch up.

Old January 2nd 17, 09:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

"Benderthe.evilrobot" wrote in message
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news

According to a friend of mine he is cursing dab and freeview radio as neither of
them is in sync with his fm radio, which I told him did not surprise me as two
computers on the same internet feed can seemingly be over half a minute out of
register.

The DAB station I was listening to transmitted the new year chimes 3 minutes late
according to the MSF60 clock.

I trust you remembered to put all your clocks back by one second on 1st Jan to
account for the extra pip.

Old January 2nd 17, 09:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
"Benderthe.evilrobot" wrote in
message ...
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news

According to a friend of mine he is cursing dab and freeview radio as
neither of them is in sync with his fm radio, which I told him did not
surprise me as two computers on the same internet feed can seemingly be
over half a minute out of register.

The DAB station I was listening to transmitted the new year chimes 3
minutes late according to the MSF60 clock.

I trust you remembered to put all your clocks back by one second on 1st
Jan to account for the extra pip.

I take it you don't know what an MSF60 clock is.

Old January 2nd 17, 09:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

"brightside S9" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 22:03:13 -0000, "Norman Wells"
wrote:
"Benderthe.evilrobot" wrote in message
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news

According to a friend of mine he is cursing dab and freeview radio as neither
of
them is in sync with his fm radio, which I told him did not surprise me as two
computers on the same internet feed can seemingly be over half a minute out of
register.

The DAB station I was listening to transmitted the new year chimes 3 minutes
late
according to the MSF60 clock.

I trust you remembered to put all your clocks back by one second on 1st Jan to
account for the extra pip.

No, didn't bother, just took the clock upstairs for the night.

Is its timekeeping altitude dependent then?