Ideas for new channel.

Old January 1st 17, 09:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Ideas for new channel.

PI TV
Politically incorrect T V showing old Benny hill shows, Love thy Neighbour
and old Jim Davidson routines, perhaps Cannon and Ball as well.
New stuff could be interviews with employers about 'handicapped employees
after they had been gotten drunk.
What really goes on in decision making ie box ticking, and what else, well
that would do for a start, could be very entertaining, we could put on
unedited versions of Showboat and Song of the south, and from what I know of
my friends and many of my ethnic minority contacts, nobody will be offended
as we all know what goes on already.. :-)

Happy new year assuming you are not one of those who celebrates it on 12 th
Jan or are Chinese.

Old January 1st 17, 09:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On Sun, 1 Jan 2017 09:04:35 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:
PI TV

Politically incorrect T V showing old Benny hill shows, Love thy

Neighbour
and old Jim Davidson routines, perhaps Cannon and Ball as well.
New stuff could be interviews with employers about 'handicapped

employees
after they had been gotten drunk.
What really goes on in decision making ie box ticking, and what

else, well
that would do for a start, could be very entertaining, we could put

on
unedited versions of Showboat and Song of the south, and from what

I know of
my friends and many of my ethnic minority contacts, nobody will be

offended
as we all know what goes on already.. :-)

B/w Minstrels, TotP with Jimmy Savile introducing Gary Glitter - or
is that too politically incorrect for you?

--
Max Demian
Old January 1st 17, 12:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
PI TV
Politically incorrect T V showing old Benny hill shows, Love thy Neighbour
and old Jim Davidson routines, perhaps Cannon and Ball as well.
New stuff could be interviews with employers about 'handicapped
employees after they had been gotten drunk.
What really goes on in decision making ie box ticking, and what else,
well that would do for a start, could be very entertaining, we could put
on unedited versions of Showboat

what's edited out of Showboat? (It was shown last Xmas)

tim

Old January 1st 17, 02:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 01/01/2017 14:24, Brian Gaff wrote:
The original musical had more, shall we say fratanisation between races I
seem to recall from my schooling.

Isn't that de rigueur these days?

--
Max Demian
Old January 1st 17, 02:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 01/01/2017 14:23, Brian Gaff wrote:
No that is fine I went to B/W minstrel show with my mother once. Very boring
to me at the young age.
We could have it produced by Jonothan King, and Rolf Harris could do Jake
the peg.

What I'm waiting for is a compilation of clips of the Great and the Good
gushing over Savile &c.

--
Max Demian
Old January 1st 17, 07:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Sun, 01 Jan 2017 16:23:06 +0100, Martin wrote:

What I'm waiting for is a compilation of clips of the Great and the Good
gushing over Savile &c.

Parkinson with Jimmy Saville
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM_RlWkE52w

I find it interesting, and a little disturbing, that since Mr
Saville's fall from grace, there seems to have been no mention of him
in any other context, despite the fact that he played quite a
significant part in the popular culture of the 20th century, a time
period often visited by dramas, and documentaries about popular
culture. It's almost like an attempt to make him into an "unperson" as
if he'd never existed. Somehow this betrayal of history seems as bad
in the long term as anything done by the man himself.

Or is it just "too soon", as they say, in which case I wonder how long
we'll have to wait before we can deal with the subject honestly?

Old January 1st 17, 07:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 01/01/2017 19:05, Roderick Stewart wrote:

I find it interesting, and a little disturbing, that since Mr
Saville's fall from grace, there seems to have been no mention of him
in any other context, despite the fact that he played quite a
significant part in the popular culture of the 20th century, a time
period often visited by dramas, and documentaries about popular
culture. It's almost like an attempt to make him into an "unperson" as
if he'd never existed. Somehow this betrayal of history seems as bad
in the long term as anything done by the man himself.

There was an episode of a BBC sitcom series being repeated on one
of the 'Gold' channels recently,(I can't remember which one, might have
been 'To The Manor Born' ?) that was quietly removed from transmission.
It's popularly thought that it was because Jimmy Saville's face appeared
in a poster briefly in shot on a railway platform scene.

It could have been edited or airbrused out quite easily, but presumably
as there is exactly zero budget for such things to be done on that sort
of channel, instead the whole episode was pulled ?

--
Mark
Old January 1st 17, 08:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 01/01/2017 19:05, Roderick Stewart wrote:
I find it interesting, and a little disturbing, that since Mr
Saville's fall from grace, there seems to have been no mention of him
in any other context, despite the fact that he played quite a
significant part in the popular culture of the 20th century, a time
period often visited by dramas, and documentaries about popular
culture. It's almost like an attempt to make him into an "unperson" as
if he'd never existed. Somehow this betrayal of history seems as bad
in the long term as anything done by the man himself.

We're watching the 1982 Top of the Pops. A flashback to our youth... but
it's interesting that they don't seem to be showing all the episodes.
Every so often it skips a week or three.

No explanation is given.

Andy
--
Oh, and the bandwidth is too low. I expect tape artefacts, and old
camera flare - but I don't expect solarisation, or bit starvation

The quality is worse than the original broadcasts.